2 PI's both accessible

• I have a master plan for my man cave that involves ambilight on the tv and another set of LEDs embedded in a couch rail. I've had the tv lights working for awhile now(may be updating them away from openelec soon so that i can access them via google home). I've set up a custom "Goal light effect that wraps the tv when my team scores. I'd like to mimic that to the couch rail as well. I plan on setting up the couch rail pi as just generic lighting that i can leverage the default hyperion effects while also setting up a listener to auto trigger the effects across both PIs (I've had this running on a pi by itself already).

I'm in the process of building the couch rail and have 5M of APA102 LEDs on the way. However i do not require this set to be connected to the video source. I'd like to default it to the "cool mood blobs" but still have access to change it on demand (also via google home voice commands) I just have a few questions i need straightened out.

1) Will i have any issues in the mobile app controlling the PIs separately?

2) Am I able to set the default function of the lights to "cold mood blobs" instead of video source?

3) Will there be any issues of not having a video source?

4) Any other suggestions or tips?

hyperion-project.org/index.php?attachment/1406/
    hyperion-project.org/index.php?attachment/1405/

• Progress...

1) No issues controlling them, its just a separate server in the list inside the app. (Renamed them each to TV and Couch)

2) Need to look closer into this, think it should be fairly easy.

3) No issues not having a video source. Didn't even include the capture card information into the config file.

4) Saw in Hypercon what looked like could be a way to mimic the lights to what is on another server. Could be interesting to link the couch to the tv if thats how that works. Still want them separate so probably won't look into that too much further, but thought it was interesting.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!