720p oke ish, 1080p stuttering.

• Hi there!

Back in 2004/5 I build my first momo light controller and it was fun, playing with 3 30cm RGB strips ;) Now I'm revisiting the whole ambilight scene and wow a lot of progress is made!

I have 170 WS2812B leds around my tv and it is somewhat working, small things like the location is a little off and the leds are somewhat dim. But that just needs tinkering.

Playback of 720p material is mostly fine, some minor auto dropouts, playback of anything 1080p and I get black screens with flashes of movie in between. If I look at the cpu usages in 720 is about 5% in 1080 a little more but nothing to bad.
    Something however is very wrong and I don't know what. I found someone with the same issue on a dutch forum but it seems it never got solved.

I could not find any information about how many led's a PI3 could handle. Is 170 to much? it is running out of cpu time or memory bandwidth?

Hope someone can help.

Kodi --> Arduino nano --> ws2812B
    Arduino and ws2812B powered by a 5v 8 amp PSU
    Raspberry PI3 powered by a 5v 5 amp PSU

Kodi version : 17.6 compiled April 13-2018
    hypercon version : 1.03.3
    Ambilight version 1.03.4

Hyperion log
    Arduino code
    Youtube video showing the problem
    Youtube Video showing 720 low bitrate

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!