A bunch of super noob questions here

• OK!

A lot a guides and tutorials I am finding seem to be a couple years old, and don't address some common issues. So I have a bunch of super noob questions.

1) Is there a way to test the LEDs before splicing them into a frame? I have a RP3B and spool of WS2801 LEDs connected like so (diagram) and I would like to test them before I cut them.
    1B) What is the difference between SPI and PWM? I see the WS2801 under SPI (also do I determine the output device like /dev/spidev0.0 ?) I am assuming this is what to use.

2) On the SSH tab of the hyperion-con app, there is a color wheel with "set LED". I had hoped I could select a color on the wheel and click the "set LED" button to set all teh LEDs to that color but every time I click the button the logs will show: "unable to connect to host". But that is very strange as I was able to use the SSH settings at the top of the tab to connect to the RPI, once connected I can install/uninstall Hyperion as well as start/stop the service.

3) Does Hyperion have a setting to set the LEDs to the average color on the screen?

4) If using a USB framegrabber, does Hyperion only change the LEDs in response to that input or can it also use a video playing on the RPI itself? Or would that require separate configs.

Finally

5) the WS2812b LEDs.. do they 100% need additional hardware (ie the arduino)? This guide suggests that they can be connected directly to the RPI.

• 1) You can totally power a LED strip up while its still on the spool.

1B)
    SPI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Peripheral_Interface_Bus
    PWM https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation
    SPI is a means to send Data, PWM is used turn a voltage on and off in a controlled manner

2) Did you correctly setup the hardware tab 1st?

3) That is what the image possess does in the hardware tab. Each box you see on the test image samples the average colour and sends it to the corresponding LED

4) Seperate configs from what I can see. I only use USB.... However the NG alpha might be able to do what you want based on the priority settings that I have seen

5) If that guide got it working, I would follow that. I use APA102s myself so I am directly into my Pi Zero W

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!