1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpha Android Screen Grabber

Discussion in 'Development' started by abrenoch, 16 February 2018.

1. abrenoch

abrenoch Android Grabber Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Yea it seems like android running on bravias seem to have some problems with the grabber... Not sure how to proceed with that yet :confused:... You are correct that DRM protected applications do not work with the grabber. Not much I can do about that yet, but there is a non-zero chance that rooting might get around that! The start on boot option is disabled on purpose - it doesn't work at all yet!

You may want to try adjusting the threshold for black border detection in your hyperion server config (assuming this happens when watching movies with borders). Anything higher than 0 should help (I used 0.01 successfully)!

2. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    OK thank you for the information. and good luck for development. do not hesitate if you want me to do tests!
    I have made a video in plex :)

3. daisy-alex

daisy-alex New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino
    Problem only with TV Box. if to start the application on the smartphone works perfectly.

Last edited: 16 May 2018
  4. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hi,

I have an update to android Oreo on my shield. Can I update?
    Is a new version coming soon?

Thanks!

5. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    We are definitely working on some updates! A whole new UI will be coming soon, some bug fixes, and a new feature or 2. Still trying to get google to list it in the play store for android TV...

Have you tried this out with the Oreo update? I can't imagine anything that would break, but ya never know! :p

6. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hi,
    Ok tkanks!
    I don’t have test the oreo update. Nvidia has stopped the update for the moment.

Edit: A feature for have only the left and right side is possible? (For film with black bar on the top and botttom)

Thanks

Last edited: 8 June 2018
  7. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Oh okay, I must have misunderstood :)

For the black border detection, try seeing my comment above (https://hyperion-project.org/threads/android-screen-grabber.2708/page-4#post-11569)... It looks like (for me at least) the black bar detection works for this if it is set to a value greater than 0 in your hyperion config file. I used 0.01 myself. Conversely if you would like it to exclude the top and bottom, setting that to 0 should do the trick... I think!

8. qwasy

qwasy New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Will the new version support grabbing external sources from HDMI, like PS4 ect? Or only the internal Apps?

9. Gershy13

Gershy13 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Any updates on this working with DRM services like Netflix and Amazon video?
    Also does it work with Plex and Youtube? What about 4k HDR support? (shield tv)

10. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Ich komme wieder, keine Frage! Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    No

Yes

Without root, No.

Yes, Post 62 and Post 27

This Problem is Hyperion Server related. Issue

11. rene.hav

rene.hav New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Hi @abrenoch

it´s been a long time since A2, is this project dead or can we expect new release anytime soon?

12. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Ich komme wieder, keine Frage! Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    • Thank you Thank you x 2
  13. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hello,
    I have the alpha 2. How download the alpha 4? On githut it is a zip version. Thanks

14. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Right now the only way to get (pre) alpha 4 is to compile it with android studio. There are a couple items to wrap up before the new version gets posted (which hopefully will be accepted in the play store too)

15. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    ok thanks!

16. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Anybody who may be interested in doing some translations for this application please shoot me a private message.

We currently have someone for Spanish & German, but I would be glad to add support for anything!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nico51

Nico51 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    Hi,
    I have send you a PM for French translation :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    Hey everyone, I just posted a new version. There are now separate builds for the tv & mobile versions, with lots of new changes and fixes!

You can find them here:
    https://github.com/abrenoch/hyperion-android-grabber/releases

The new version is also in the play store, but still waiting on the android tv listing approval.

EDIT: Looks like the android TV listing has finally been approved!

Last edited: 3 August 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  19. sl81

sl81 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Hello,
    Congratulations on the release. Not tested yet. However i cant seem to find it in play store on android nor android tv. This may be some localization issue (i can install apk. No problem) just curious on why its not showing up. This would be Norweigan play store i guess. I have never been much impressed with the contents of the play store on my shield for the record.

20. abrenoch

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2
    You may need to join the beta program before you see the app in the store. I haven't pushed a production release yet so only certain people can see it right now.

Check my first post in this thread for instructions!