Arduino Sketch for ws2811 required

• Hey guys! I've recently setup my LEDs, run the tests and they work great. I've set up a hdmi selector build following this guy -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

His links were outdated so I installed libreelec on pi3 +b I'm using ws2811 LEDs but hypercon cannot find them as his Arduino sketch is tailored for his ws2812b strips. Hypercon data it has established a connection and is sending the data. I'm sure it's the last piece to my puzzle! Thanks guys

• From research I beleive that ws2811/ws2812 and 12b's are all similar and should work on the same sketch.
    Did that code work for you then?

Yeah, the one from the tutorial worked perfectly. The thing I like about the tutorial sketch, is that they use fastLED library, which I've been messing around. The defining of what strip you have is so easy, unlike others that use NeoPixel and don't just have keywords to reference unique strips. Also about the ws2811 and 12s being the same, I've tried different sketches with ws2811 referenced instead of ws2812b and they worked fine on my lights, so it seems they are the same.

One thing I would recommend adding is a delay on the setup function, between 8-12 seconds. Since the arduino will boot up around 2-3 times before the pi finally boots up.

• Yeah, the one from the tutorial worked perfectly. The thing I like about the tutorial sketch, is that they use fastLED library, which I've been messing around. The defining of what strip you have is so easy, unlike others that use NeoPixel and don't just have keywords to reference unique strips. Also about the ws2811 and 12s being the same, I've tried different sketches with ws2811 referenced instead of ws2812b and they worked fine on my lights, so it seems they are the same.

One thing I would recommend adding is a delay on the setup function, between 8-12 seconds. Since the arduino will boot up around 2-3 times before the pi finally boots up.

I appreciate your help I have actually got them lighting now! Okay I'll add that code in as I have noticed them going mental before anything actually happens haha, cheers Johnny boy!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!