Black Boarder Detection

• I'm wondering if anyone can help with this problem. I've searched the forums, Google, and Reddit but can't seem to find a solution.

I've set the Black Border Detection threshold to 0, 10, 13, 15, 16, 25, 50, 70, and 100 and still do not get any detection of black borders. I've even adjusted for cropping with no success. I followed every guide about configuring this setting to no avail.

My setup works flawlessly if there's no black bar, but there's a giant black gap of space at the top middle if the video is in letterbox.

Below are my details:

I'm running OSMC Raspberry Pi 2. The whole configuration is plugged into a laptop/media center. This computer plays the video on a 1980x1080 screen.

I'm wondering if the problem is with OSMC and maybe I need to use OpenElec, Rasplex, Raspian, Kodi, or Raspmc?

Also, I wonder if the problem is with using my laptop as the main source? I don't think this is the issue, but maybe it has something to do with the resolution I've set.

One other thing: I tried changing the Startup Sequence to Knight Rider, but it still maintains the default Rainbow Spiral setting when I upload the config file. I'm not sure why it's doing this. When I inspect the config file, the values have changed, but the setup doesn't respond to the changes. Could this be an issue for why the setup is not detecting the Black Border Detection?

• Hmm, I'm also using the EASYCAP USB 2.0 Audio Video Capture Adapter TV VHS DVD to grab the video into the Raspberry Pi. Some tutorials don't show this piece as a requirement for the setup. Could this be the issue?

edit: Ah. I didn't' mention that I'm using an HDMI grabber and HDMI to AV Scaler, plus this Easycap device.

I think these devices do not the Hyperion software to detect black borders, since the source is coming from (in this case) my laptop or another HDMI source. I think it can only detect the black borders when the source is coming from the Raspberry Pi, using Kodi or something.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!