Black Border Detection Top LED row usually faint

• Hope this has been addressed and if it has, I apologize. Finally got my setup working again after borking it due to my dumbassery a year ago from just unplugging the RPi instead of powering it down via OS. Have it working again with the latest Raspbain Stretch Lite, RPi 3B with Arduino and using WS2812 LEDs and regular Hyperion.Everything is working really well except for Black Border Detection. I have a threshold of 0.2 and using the default mode.

In movies with black borders, the side and bottom LED rows work amazingly well except the top row, which will remain pretty faint, even if the whole screen is showing much of the same level of brightness. If the scene pans down, the same image that would make the bottom LEDs very bright will barely light up the top row of LEDs at all. The scene has to be very bright for the top LEDs to visibly react, oftentimes they don't. I have replayed the same scenes and observed the LEDs themselves and they remain pretty faint, and if it does show a color change it still remains faint. I have no problem at all with full screen movies.

At work ATM, so I will post my config file as well some pic of how the LEDs look like when I get home tonight.

• Life took over but...looks like I found the solution by obsessively performing more searches. I found another post of someone with a simi lar issue and they solved it by increasing the crop value. It does intrigue me since the bottom crop is only 5 and the detection zone extends beyond the black border. On the other hand, in order to get the same zone for the top border I have to increase the crop value to 28.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!