Blue and Red switched but only on external grabber

• Hi,

First of all, thanks for all this wondeful work !

I've an Hyperion Ambilight setup since January 2018.
    It has been running fine for 1 year, but since I've updated my LibreElec to Leia last week, I encounter a strange problem.
    I use an external grabber (easycap) to get ambilight for everything else than Kodi (which gets ambilight from the internal grabber).
    So since last week, blue and red are switched on the external grabber...(on Kodi everything is fine, blue and red are not switched).

I've had a look at the config file and found out that region on the external grabber was set to NTSC, so I switched it to PAL since I live in France.
    It has solved the colors switching on the external grabber but then no more ambilight in Kodi !
    I've then tried to comment the Internal FrameGrabber and KodiChecker in the json file, I thought everything would be captured by the external grabber (including Kodi), but no luck, still no ambilight in Kodi...

Putting back "NTSC" in the config file for the external grabber fixes the ambilight in Kodi, but then again blue and red are switched on the external grabber...

I don't know where to look now so if someone has an idea, I'm all ears ^^

PS: is there any way to load an already existing config.json file in Hypercon ? (didn't find that option and modifying it with Notepad ++ is not really userfriendly...).
    PS2: If you need some files (debug, logs...) I can provide them later when I'm back home.

Many thanks in advance ;)

• Here is the log when I start Hyperion with the external grabber on "PAL" :
    [MEDIA=pastebin]u1JXYV25[/MEDIA]

And here is the log when I start Hyperion with the external grabber on "NTSC" :
    [MEDIA=pastebin]RR4g14B2[/MEDIA]

and finally, here is my config.json :
    [MEDIA=pastebin]DC5P1ncJ[/MEDIA]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• you can change the pal and ntsc option in the config too...just try it with the switch on PAL and in the config change it from ntsc to pal too
    "standard" : "NTSC",

I'm not sure to understand what you want me to do...
    What switch are you talking about ? maybe you misunderstood my statement, when I say "I switched" the external grabber to PAL, I mean I modified manually the config file. There is no "physical" switch on my external grabber.
    Like I've said, I've already tried to change "standard" : "NTSC" to "standard" : "PAL" in the config file, it fixes the switched colors for the external grabber (meaning when I watch TV or play a game on my console) but ambilight does not work anymore with Kodi (when I watch a movie = internal grabber).

PS: Is there any way to load an already existing config file in Hypercon ? could not find that option and it would help to try different things instead of modifying manually the .json with notepad++

• ok sorry, i thought you mean this switch

ahhh ok, then it could be possible that the grabber is always "active" and does not change to internal.. try to play with the prioritys...

Lol no problem ;)
    About priorities, the lower is the "more priority" right ?
    Btw it is really strange that internal grabber works when external grabber is set to NTSC, and not when external grabber is set to PAL (without touching to priorities...)

PS: no luck to load the config file in hypercon to fiddle with the GUI instead of notepad++ ?

• well...
    this is a screenshot in PAL :

and here is a screenshot in NTSC :

Both look OK, but in reality the NTSC one doesn't look at all like this (the real leds I mean), there is no green for the trees/grass and blue for the sky (which is normal since blue and red are switched).
    Both pictures are taken with the external grabber.
    I definitely can't take a screenshot with the internal grabber (on kodi menu), it hangs forever and I'm forced to use the task killer on hypercon...

About priorities, I've tried a few things with no luck, any advice on how I should set them ?

• i really dont know what to do :D cause everything looks ok... :D
    but i never get the automatic switching working for internal/external grabber... so i always start and stop it manually with kodi

look at 5.

I have that "switch script" as a custom command since last year in Yatse and I've already tried to stop/start when I'm in kodi with no luck, no ambilight if the external is set to PAL (Damn, why would it have an influence on the internal grabber...)
    Is there any way to disable totally the internal grabber and always use the external one even if I'm in Kodi ? (might be the solution).

• Holy s****, I've managed to fix it !!
    I've been fiddling with the .json file for one hour and I've found a working combo.
    The trick was to set priority = 800 to v4l-2 and priority = 890 to internal grabber.
    And put GrabMenu = false in KodiChecker.

Bam !! it works ! only thing I've lost is ambilight on kodi menus but I don't care, at least external grabber has correct colors and kodi has ambilight.

Still don't understand why it has worked without any problem for 1 year with the previous .json config...

Many thanks for your help @TPmodding

• Hi, i am still trying to figure out how to get the screenshot and how do i know whether my screen grabber is working. I have one Fushicai USBTV007 chipset as well as the STK1160 but don't know which one to use and whether the HDMI to AV needs power or works either way. I am on Pi one but should work. Want to use xbox as input and won't use kodi for anything. Also my blue and green are swapped. Please can you help!! You both seem well versed in Ambilight.

I am using WS2801 and a seperate 5V power supply, Have both Hyperion and the iOS app working but just cant sort out video grabber.

• Thanks i have implimented this into the config file but still getting an error. same problem as i have listed previously

• Hi, i am still trying to figure out how to get the screenshot and how do i know whether my screen grabber is working. I have one Fushicai USBTV007 chipset as well as the STK1160 but don't know which one to use and whether the HDMI to AV needs power or works either way. I am on Pi one but should work. Want to use xbox as input and won't use kodi for anything. Also my blue and green are swapped. Please can you help!! You both seem well versed in Ambilight.

I am using WS2801 and a seperate 5V power supply, Have both Hyperion and the iOS app working but just cant sort out video grabber.

This is what i get when i press take grabber screenshot with the USBTV007

• You both seem well versed in Ambilight...

I wish I could help you but I have no clue on how to...
    To be honest I'm not really versed in Ambilight, what I did was fidling with the different settings until I found a working configuration.
    My setup is not the same as yours, I use an USBTV007 too but it is plugged in a scart, no HDMI for me so maybe your HDMI to AV is the culprit in this case.
    Also to fix my color swapping I had to set "PAL" instead of "NTSC" in the V4l2 grabber configuration (but I had red and blue swapped, not like you).

• I wish I could help you but I have no clue on how to...
    To be honest I'm not really versed in Ambilight, what I did was fidling with the different settings until I found a working configuration.
    My setup is not the same as yours, I use an USBTV007 too but it is plugged in a scart, no HDMI for me so maybe your HDMI to AV is the culprit in this case.
    Also to fix my color swapping I had to set "PAL" instead of "NTSC" in the V4l2 grabber configuration (but I had red and blue swapped, not like you).

Thanks so much for the quick reply i have managed to fix it, i set the configuration to RBG and set PAL on the HDMI/AV and has all worked, thanks so much.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!