Can't get the Hyperion Java protobuf client to compile

• Hey everyone, I'm trying to compile the the example code from this site: https://hyperion-project.org/w…uffer-Java-client-example

I'm using eclipse and I installed protobuf-dt, but I can't figure out how to properly do the imports and use protoc on the definition file. It can't find:
    import com.google.protobuf.ByteString;
    import proto.*; ...

As a background story: I want to create a Java Hyperion Screen grabber for use in Windows which relies on screenshots rather than DirectX 9 or DirectX 11 because that way I can skip HDCP/DRM/Copy protection of Netflix 4k and the Xbox One streaming app. Here is my code I want to add to the protobuf client example in a loop:

ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
    Rectangle screenRect = new Rectangle(Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize());
    BufferedImage capture = new Robot().createScreenCapture(screenRect);
    ImageIO.write(capture, "jpg", baos);
    byte[] imageData = baos.toByteArray();
    -> send to hyperion

Would be great if someone could help me with setting up my eclipse!

• Not sure how much help this will be, but I was able to get the protobuf code working in android studio (which I think is similar to eclipse). You can check out the repository for it here:

https://github.com/abrenoch/hyperion-android-grabber

I used the gradle plugin to generate my protobuf classes, but wave also used to command line tool from google as well. The gradle version was a bit of a PITA to set up, but it did work in the end.

Good luck!

EDIT: In my experience you may need to do some bit manipulation to produce the byte array in the exact format that hyperion is expecting, but you can find that in there too!

• Thank you for your help! I just realized that Prismatik is able to capture the screen of the Xbox One stream app from Windows 10 just fine. So I can just use that one and don't need to develop something myself. Only the part about Netflix 4k HDR is not solved by this, but I can live just fine with streaming netflix in 1080p with my browser and no HDCP/DRM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!