Can't turn off menu grabbing?

• Hi all,

Just moved from a Pi2 to a Pi3. Tried the same config file and it works fine, but I can't turn off menu grabbing? This is particularly useful for me because I leave the Pi powered up 24/7 and its annoying to have to turn the led supply off.

I posted a week ago or so in the bug report forum, https://hyperion-project.org/t…rn-off-menu-grabbing.421/ as I found a thread already on it but not sure if it is actually a bug, or any others have encountered and fixed the issue?

Cheers :)

• i do know that the hyperion-ng builds have a kodi watcher but as far as i know so does the current stable, im assuming this detects kodi menus by a protocol, maybe this will help your cause?

Edit : you are talking about kodi right? and im assuming your running kodi on the Pi itself?

• i do know that the hyperion-ng builds have a kodi watcher but as far as i know so does the current stable, im assuming this detects kodi menus by a protocol, maybe this will help your cause?

Edit : you are talking about kodi right? and im assuming your running kodi on the Pi itself?

Hey thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I am running OSMC, but that's Kodi 17 I guess.

Same SD card, same hyperion config but like I said the Pi2 does not activate the LED's on menu but the 3 does :/ very confusing. Made a new config file and ssh'ed it to the pi3 but same issue.

• might be unrelated, but today i tried installing hyperion for my raspberry pi 3 but the script wasnt working well (?)

I noticed from htop that the script was getting a sourceforge link with wget for the raspberry pi 2 instead and crashing after 13 seconds ( i tried to manually access the link but didnt work, could be a down server during the time) , not even downloading. Ill continue to test this out when i'll find the time. In the mean time if you're willing to test it out you can try reinstalling hyperion with the script from commandline / hypercon while monitoring htop.

• Your problem is that when you create the .json file you have marked the option of kodi, remove the mark and so when you turn off the source that is, the LEDs will turn off and you do not have to disconnect them.

• Your problem is that when you create the .json file you have marked the option of kodi, remove the mark and so when you turn off the source that is, the LEDs will turn off and you do not have to disconnect them.

I don't think that is the issue. On my Pi2 if media was not playing (so in the menu) the leds would not illuminate - now they illuminate occording to the menu's also.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!