1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control Hyperion through a small web server

Discussion in 'Hyperion General' started by milhouse, 19 May 2018.

1. mg3point

mg3point New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    And like i said, something stupid simple, that worked! More upset now that i didnt see that. Now i just gotta get my pi's accessible from google home outside the network.

Thank you thank you thank you!

2. milhouse

milhouse New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    You are most welcome - glad it worked!

Can't help you with the rest, no idea how Google Home works. My SmartThings hub is on my local network, so it can call the endpoint directly. You are probably going to have to open a hole in your firewall and port forward from your router to port 8080 on your Pi's internal IP address. Good luck!

milhouse

3. mg3point

mg3point New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3
    Yep, i've got that part working now. Now i just have to set up different recipes on ifttt. Right now its just set to the one effect and i can have it set any color i specify. One thing to note is that google does not capitalize the words said so it calls /effect/candle instead of effect/Candle. I could rename all my effects to all lower case, but figure its probably just as easy to set a recipe for the few i actually want to use via voice. I do want to go in and create an option to control the brightness. Then i will have to go back and redo my pi setup on my tv to openelec and run the same.