Converter issue.

• Hello

So, the components have started to arrive for my ambilight project, and I've started testing some out and hit a little hurdle already.

I am using a Denon x4000 and was hoping to use a HDMI cable from Monitor 1 (ARC) to the TV's HDMI with ARC to allow for TV Sound back to the amp.

I was then hoping to connect Monitor 2 directly to the following Converter and lose the requirement for a splitter and lose ARC funcionality:
    I specifically chose a 4K converter, as the amp outputs to the highest common format, and I didn't want to lose the 4K for the TV by using a 1080p converter.

But there is a problem. As soon as I plug this converter in to the Monitor 2 Output and power it up, I loose audio from all of the sources. It's wanting to default the amp to Analogue sound, of which I have none.

Has anyone seen anything like this when playing around, and was there a fix, or am I going to have to fall back to using a splitter and losing my ARC functionality?

I was looking at one of these two:

And help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Stewie

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!