does not upload JSON config

• I have had Hyperion running very nicely on my TV for two years on a RasPi2. I wanted to do some color adjustments with Hypercon, and during that process did the dumb (apparently!) thing of updating Hyperion and Hypercon. Big mistake! :confused:

My config:
    RasPi2 with OpenElec
    Frame grabber connected to RasPi USB port.
    WS 2801 LED strip.
    HyperCon (V1.03.3) on Win10 PC

Several issues:

• I run HyperCon on PC, connect to RasPi through SSH. When using the "Send config" button, the "Show gtraffic" window shows:
      "sftp Send Hyperion Config - Sourcepath: G:/Elektronikk/Programmer/Hypercon, Targetpath: /storage/.config/, Filename: hyperion.config.json"
      --> Problem: There is no "/storage/.config/" directory on the RasPi, but there is one named "/storage/config/" (without the dot!).
      --> I cannot see that hyperion.config.json is sent to the RasPi at all.
      In this case, impossible to get any LEDs to work.

• I can open OpenElec on the RasPi and configure Hyperion there. This is the only way I can bring the LEDs to work. Byt the colors are not well adjusted and my LED strip is not RGB byt RBG, so colors are wrong. And impossible to readjust.

My main issue seems to be that I cannot get Hypercon to send a config to the RasPi.

Framegrabbing works. LEDs work. When (incorrectly) configured via OpenElec, it all "works", but no JSON config file is generated, so I have no way to make adjustments...

One more issue:
    Each time I do "Stop" and "Start" of Hyperion from Hypercon, it casuses Hypercon to freeze when I do "Start". I have to kill Hypercon with Windows Task Manager, then restart it, log in through SSH again...

Anyone have a clue here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

the manual way... install with commandline (ssh) after that you can make a config with hypercon and then copy and paste it into your pi over the commandline tool

if i can find time this week, i wanted to "update" hypercon...but only for windows...but can not promise anything :)

• the manual way... install with commandline (ssh) after that you can make a config with hypercon and then copy and paste it into your pi over the commandline tool

if i can find time this week, i wanted to "update" hypercon...but only for windows...but can not promise anything :)

OK, I will try that!
    But before I start, just to be sure:

• Installing and uninstalling Hyperion from Hypercon seems to work. My current Hyperion installation is installed this way. Should I deinstall Hyperion from Hypercon first?
    • Please confirm that this is the latest version of Hyperion: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion
    • Please confirm what is the procedure for "manual" installation of Hyperion over SSH. The indicated Github page points to the Hyperion Wiki page (https://wiki.hyperion-project.org/) which only describes installing using Hypercon.

• You write "...make a config with hypercon and then copy and paste it into your pi..."
      --> Which directory on the pi should the JSON file be copied to?

Thank you again for your responding to my questions.

I have been very satisfied with my Hyperion installation, so I very much look forward to getting it reinstalled correctly and working properly!

• Great, thank you so much.
    Only one point is still not clear:

4. best one is to have everything in the same directory (binaries and config)

I belive Hyperion assumes the JSON config file to be in a certain directory so that Hyperion finds it.
    I tried earlier to manually place an old working config file in the hyperion/config directory, but it did not look like Hyperion read it.
    Which is the correct directory for the JSON config file?

• I tried earlier to manually place an old working config file in the hyperion/config directory, but it did not look like Hyperion read it.
    Which is the correct directory for the JSON config file?

I managed to solve this so here is what I did - to help anyone else that runs into a similar situation.

• The correct folder for the hyperion.config.json file (at least on OpenElec) is: /storage/.config
      Note that this is a hidden folder (name starting with "."), so depending on the software you use for transferring files over SSH, you may need to tweek the preferences to see it. (I use WinSCP; highly recommended)
    • The file generated by Hypercon just does not seem to work: No initial swirl, all LEDs dark. I spent some time to find (and potentially correct) this error, but did not manage to see it, and ended up making adjustments manually to the file that was generated by the Hyperion configuration program embedded in OpenElec. As mentioned earlier, this "kind of worked" (LEDs turned on, but with no possibilities to adjust anything, for instance from RGB to RBG).
    • I copy/pasted entire sections from the file generated by Hypercon, and tested for each step.

• Finally, to adjust colors, I used the WebApp Remote (http://gamadril.github.io/hyperion-remote/), and used the "Transform" menu to adjust colors. When I found the good settings, I transferred them to the hyperion.config.json file.

And now finally my beautiful Hypercon installation is again working! :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!