Fushcai Converter detected, can take screenshots, but not found by Hyperion

• I finally got Hyperion running with a WS2801 string. The problem I'm having now is that I can use the internal framegrabber, but V4L2 crashes every time. Some details:

- I'm running OpenElec 6 and the lights work perfectly when grabbing from the Pi
    - I have a Fushcai converter attached to an HDMI2AV box attached to my receiver's HDMI Out
    - I can see the grabber in PuTTY. it shows the Fushcai on /dev/video0
    - I can take screenshots through SSH, they look fine
    - When I boot, Hyperion errors out every time with "V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Cannot identify '/dev/video0' ERROR 2, No such file or directory"

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]BUrMMFGg[/MEDIA]

Config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]CuCxX4Z1[/MEDIA]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you do the following in an SSH session:

- Reconnect the Fushicai (UTV007?) device.
    - Execute this command and post output:

Code
    lsusb

- Execute this command and post output:

Code
    ls -lh /dev/

- Now when it disappears randomly and not just on Hyperion startup it could mean it has an power issue, try connecting the USB grabber to an powered USB hub instead of directly to RPi.
    Also Hyperion will try to do a higher frame rate pushing the device a bit more than just the screenshot so that uses a bit more power.

• Thank you. I have the Fushicai USBTV007 plugged into a powered USB 3.0 hub.

Here's lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0603:0002 Novatek Microelectronics Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2109:2811
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

And ls -lh /dev/

/dev/:
    autofs nbd8 tty16 tty54
    block nbd9 tty17 tty55
    btrfs-control net tty18 tty56
    bus network_latency tty19 tty57
    char network_throughput tty2 tty58
    console null tty20 tty59
    cpu_dma_latency ppp tty21 tty6
    disk ptmx tty22 tty60
    fb0 pts tty23 tty61
    fd ram0 tty24 tty62
    full ram1 tty25 tty63
    fuse ram10 tty26 tty7
    gpiomem ram11 tty27 tty8
    hidraw0 ram12 tty28 tty9
    hidraw1 ram13 tty29 ttyAMA0
    hwrng ram14 tty3 uhid
    initctl ram15 tty30 uinput
    input ram2 tty31 urandom
    kmsg ram3 tty32 usb
    log ram4 tty33 vc-cma
    loop-control ram5 tty34 vc-mem
    loop0 ram6 tty35 vchiq
    mem ram7 tty36 vcio
    memory_bandwidth ram8 tty37 vcs
    mmcblk0 ram9 tty38 vcs1
    mmcblk0p1 random tty39 vcs2
    mmcblk0p2 shm tty4 vcs3
    mqueue snd tty40 vcs4
    nbd0 spidev0.0 tty41 vcs5
    nbd1 spidev0.1 tty42 vcs6
    nbd10 stderr tty43 vcsa
    nbd11 stdin tty44 vcsa1
    nbd12 stdout tty45 vcsa2
    nbd13 tty tty46 vcsa3
    nbd14 tty0 tty47 vcsa4
    nbd15 tty1 tty48 vcsa5
    nbd2 tty10 tty49 vcsa6
    nbd3 tty11 tty5 vcsm
    nbd4 tty12 tty50 video0
    nbd5 tty13 tty51 zero
    nbd6 tty14 tty52
    nbd7 tty15 tty53

What's interesting is that I played around with it a little bit after I posted and I can run:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json --crop-top 0 --crop-left 0 --crop-bottom 0 --crop-right 0 --size-decimator 8 --frame-decimator 2

via SSH and it comes on and captures video from USB. It flashes black/white about every 30 seconds, but I'm not sure if that's a software issue or with the HDMI2AV. When I switch back to Kodi via USB capture, it's lower resolution and doesn't flash. I assume that's a hardware issue, I already ordered a new HDMI2AV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you comment out the following like so in the config:

Code
    /// FRAME GRABBER CONFIG
        /// "framegrabber" :
        /// {
        ///     "width" : 64,
        ///     "height" : 64,
       ///     "frequency_Hz" : 10.0,
       ///     "priority" : 910
       /// },

And start it again with:

Code
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json --crop-top 0 --crop-left 0 --crop-bottom 0 --crop-right 0 --size-decimator 8 --frame-decimator 2

It's most likely the framegrabber interfering and you probably won't need that :)

• Sure thing - I removed the Framegrabber from the Config (I had it removed in Hypercon so I just regenerated the config):
    [MEDIA=pastebin]sR0xuLdL[/MEDIA]

Which gave the same error on boot:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]QkKyWXuB[/MEDIA]

Running the command manually seems to work, however:

Once that runs it's working well with another input (Roku), just with periodic flashes. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help getting this running.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What might be happening is that the capture device isn't ready on boot but shortly after, when you run this command does it start correctly:

Code
    killall hyperiond
    service hyperion start

The periodic flashes could mean there's some local interference (cable) or like you said a defective HDM2AV converter :) , do recall the short white flashes but since you removed the framegrabber from the config that can no longer be the cause.
    Does it happen on fixed intervals corresponding with log entries like below?

Code
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: Signal lost
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: Signal detected
  • That's what I was thinking - Hyperion is initializing before the USBTV can, but I don't know if you can rearrange "boot order" on OpenElec like you could in Windows or another OS.

Nope, no log entries for the flashes. If I switch devices it shows up immediately, nothing for those. I should have the new HDMI2AV this afternoon, I'll swap it out and give it a test. Just having it working is great, if I have to initialize manually that is annoyance but I can live with it. I'll post once I test that out, thanks for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not an expert on linux init scripts especially since per distribution they can change but would add it as a cronjob instead like so:

Code
    crontab -e

Text editor (Nano) will show up, add the follow line at the end and press F2 to save.

Code
    @reboot sleep 30 && LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json

sleep 30 being a 30 second delay :) , can skip the extra parameters (crop etc..) if you want as those should be in the config already.

• Adding a Cronjob didn't seem to work (the log just shows the same crash) but I replaced the HDMI2AV which solved the flashing. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out, but at least now I can manually activate it and it works perfectly. Another target is the black bar detection, which doesn't seem to be working with the black bars on content from the HDMI2AV (when I take a screenshot, they show as grey-ish, which may be causing it. I set a config with a manual 2.35:1 crop, which I'll switch out when watching a movie for now.

Thanks again for your help, this is a great system and I'm really glad to have it up and running.

• Adding a Cronjob didn't seem to work (the log just shows the same crash) but I replaced the HDMI2AV which solved the flashing. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out, but at least now I can manually activate it and it works perfectly. Another target is the black bar detection, which doesn't seem to be working with the black bars on content from the HDMI2AV (when I take a screenshot, they show as grey-ish, which may be causing it. I set a config with a manual 2.35:1 crop, which I'll switch out when watching a movie for now.

Thanks again for your help, this is a great system and I'm really glad to have it up and running.

I have two V4L2 video grabbers bought from the same store. The first one I got works fine. The second one I got does all weird things but work. Also the HDMI2AV converters I got have the same issue. Maybe try using another grabber? I know it's frustrating but hey, that's the fun part, right? :)

• Quick update - for some reason the cron job just isn't taking so I've gotten in the habit of manually starting the process after I boot up the Pi. Works like a charm for now, but I'm going to keep playing with it. Thanks for your help!

• Sure thing - I picked up this one for $16:

I originally bought the "non-Pro" one that is $11 but it doesn't work for the Xbox One or many of my other 1080p sources (I didn't catch that note when buying).

• Hi,
    yesterday I got my new Fushicai grabber, since my stk1160 produces flickering when used with the latest hyperion and Openelec.
    Thats why I still use the old version of .bismarck, which still runs fine. But I want to use the new features of Hyperion so I got a new grabber.
    I plugged it in and Openelec recognised it. I can take screenshots, launch effects etc but there is no output from the grabber to the LEDs when I start hyperion. I also tried launching it manually. The process is running but there is no output to the leds from the grabber.

Edit: Further testing showed: The fault is the latest Beta. It works using the stable version, however I also have a blue flicker from time to time. This does not happen with the old hyperion version that works with .bismarcks switcher script.

Edit2: Might be a hardware problem afterall. The flickering started with the old hyperion as well.
    Since there is no flickering when using the internal framegrabber i am guessing the power supply is working properly.
    I flickers with both the stk1160 and the usbtv007, so usb grabber seems not to be the problem. I tested another generic hdmi2av converter that I replaced a while ago because of some flickering issues but the problem remains. I guess the only two options are: the second hdmi2av converter is broken (only lasted about half a year?) or my hdmi splitter is broken, although the output to the tv is perfectly fine. Another option could be cables, but I dont see what could be wrong with them. All decent amazon basic cables and I never had a problem with them. Did anyone of you have a similar problem?

Btw @admins: since this kinda shifted off topic and into a hardware problem, maybe this belongs into the hardware support section. Feel free to push it over or tell me and I open a new thread

If you need more, tell me. I would love to be able to get this running. The new colour calibration options are way better then trying to get it right with only gamma :p

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!