Got Rainbow swirl then nothing

• Go to my second post.

Hi guys, firstly i would like to thank you for Hyperion project, it's really great and i will try to support u when i get my things done.

I am totally new to this theme so some things might be unclear for me.

I've been trying for 2 days to set my ambilight on and i am stuck, i've read dozens of themes looking for help and i did a little progress. From 0 reaction of my LEDs to make them start reacting a bit.

My trouble is that only 1st LED strip is reacting. I've installed Hyperion through HyperCon, installation went ok with no troubles. I do have standard config just to set things up, i'll post it later.
    As said before, after connecting my laptop to my RPI and Start Hyperion only 1st LED string is reacting, starts rainbow swirl for like 4 seconds and going dark ( Don't know if 4 seconds are okay ). I did connect my mobile app to it and i can change effects and it is reacting, however on a colowheel Red is Blue for my LEDs, don't know why, only those 2 colours are switched. Effects are fine but only them are working, it does not scan colours on my tv. I guess SPI is working fine?

My main trouble is that i can't get to work other leds ( 4 strips in total ), when i move connectors they sometimes start shining but only white colour and not all of them, just random leds on strips.
    When i Stop Hyperion LEDs are delicately blinking red, I also don't know why and if it should be like that.

I also have 30 LEDs at top of my TV and 29 LEDs at bottom, what kind of config should i put in Horizontal Leds?

Setup is :

APA102C Leds 30Leds/m
    Raspberry Pi 3 with OSMC
    Powersupply 5v 6A which should be enough for 90 Leds.

If i said something that is unclear then sorry and i will try to explain it more clearly
    Any Ideas guys that can help me with this?
    I will be really gratefull.

SSH Traffic:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]AZa1vned[/MEDIA]

Is really unclear because i've done many actions.

My config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]MMNv6Ah7[/MEDIA]

Photos. For connecting cables i used block terminal but on a photo they are just like that.

I cannot get it done without u guys. I do really need ur help.
    Thanks!

• Hi,

I've been trying for 2 days to set my ambilight on

Took me a couple of "fun" weeks of reading and some trial and error . ;)

My trouble is that only 1st LED strip is reacting.

Bad connection from the first strip to the second or maybe the first LED on the second strip has gone bad?
    A bad LED on a strip will prevent data reaching any following LED.

Hope it helps.

• I've tried right now, next strip works only if i squeeze connector at points where leds are connecting, when i am lightening my squeeze it stops working. Connectors are bad?

Ad.1

Okay, i've managed to do it, i have rainbow on a all Led strips but thats all, after rainbow only last LED is lighting and thats all nothing happens. It is reacting to effects from mobile phone but thats all.

Ad.2
    Got rid of last White Led but rest is still doing nothing. Config failure?

Ad.3
    Okay so i managed to get rainbow swirl at all of my leds strips at starting Hyperion. Leds are also working with my mobile app, i can change effects and they do almost all of them.
    Still can't get them working with a videos, after starting rainbow swirl they go dark and nothing happens. When i turn on Vgrabber leds are not turning on. If the effects are working proprely i guess SPI ports are fine, am i right?
    Any ideas how to fix it guys?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• I have not used the pre compiled version for quite a wile. the current OSMC built may have a substantial difference that make the pre built binaries incompatible.

That said, I have been using these instructions ( HERE ) to compile the development version, for my systems. It works fine. Although there are small bugs with usb grabbers that would not effect your system.

Not much help. but it might.

• Thanks for reply.
    I don't know if its okay but in /etc/hyperion i have only config file

Shouldn't I have more files in there?

Maybe my hyperion installation is corrupted?

I can start Hyperion through HyperCon SSH, got rainbow swirl, i can move colours on my color wheel and they change but nothing more. Any idea?

This is my installation log. There is no information about downloading progress, maybe it is not downloaded and installed? Should i have in my OSMC system any addon called Hyperion or no?

• I don't know if its okay but in /etc/hyperion i have only config file

All good, only the config lives there alone.

There is no information about downloading progress

Sure there is. That bit about "1639953/1639953" and the preceding line.

Try this to find hyperiond binary " sudo find / -name hyperiond " .

• Found only those, no hyperiond in /etc/.

Why it says he is missing config file? I am updating it like 100 times a day. Path is missong or something?

Also, i've started hyperion today, got rainbow swirl as always and now, both of vertical led strips are lighting ( only blue ) and a halves of my horizontals are lighting ( also only blue ). They do light only in my OSMC main screeen, when i change to normal TV they go dark.

Also, how can i check if my grabber works? When i try to do a screenshot i got this:

I am almost sure there is some config error or something but i cannot find it, searching threads here on forum and on github trying everything, i guess everything works with hardware or shall i check it somehow?

log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]fuiviYG8[/MEDIA]

• Okay, so it comes to the situation that i was just dumb as cow, was config failure by my side.
    Everything works like a charm without level shifter even !
    Thanks for a help Akriss, u did help a lot.
    Now waiting for a grabber and other stuff to make it work with normal TV not only with RPI.

• Okay, so it comes to the situation that i was just dumb as cow, was config failure by my side.
    Everything works like a charm without level shifter even !
    Thanks for a help Akriss, u did help a lot.
    Now waiting for a grabber and other stuff to make it work with normal TV not only with RPI.

What was your issue? I am having the same problem

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!