Had everything working great - Moved stuff around = Only first LED lights up solid white

• I had to take the lights off the back of my TV this week (I had a warranty issue to deal with). Up until this moment everything with the Pi, capture, and lights was working wonderfully... When I plugged everything back in, the first LED lit up solid white... And there was no rainbow, nor did any animation commence.

Although I never touched HyperCon, I thought maybe I'd go through all the settings and make sure everything was good. Even tried changing some, and reverting them back in hopes that might miraculously have an effect... Nothing.

Figured I might have messed up a solder connection amidst the move, so I de soldered the first strip from the second to alleviate any crossed, or broken connection in the corners. (after a search) I saw on a similar post that someone had a bad strip... So I took the short piece of extra strip I cut off the end after this setup, and it lit up the first LED white as well. So in my eyes, that narrows it down to either the Pi, or the software itself.

Could I have messed up my Pi somehow, or did something crash in the software along the way? I can connect to the Pi just fine, I've just lost all control of my lights.

This is the Traffic result immediately after taking the following steps:

• Format SD card

• Win32 Disk Imager (tried both OSMC, and Open ELEC with same results)
    • Set up image on Pi (then allowed a few mins for any updates to finish up)

• HyperCon SSH "Inst./Upd. Hyperion"

http://pastebin.com/zQDMS9xN

When I take the SD card out of the PI and plug it in to my Windows PC, I get "There is a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it" This error only seems to occur after Hyperion has been installed. Is this normal?

(Admin please move to hardware if you can rule out software through diagnostics).

• Lights: apa102
    RaspPi3 (with 32gb Sandisk Pro... tried another card after getting the 'problem with this drive' message, but it did the same thing after install)
    5v20a power supply (with power injected in corner, and ends)

Ground to pin 6
    Clock to pin 23
    Data to pin 19

I have been keen on referencing the guide

• The Pi is no more than 1ft away from the start of the LED strip. Used the default 4pin connector it came with. The other half of this connection is of the same length and straight to the Pi (with 5v+ wire cut and capped in electrical tape). 2 additional wires coming direct from strip to power/ground.

I have Apa102 selected in HyperCon.

Here is what I have in Hypercon right now (which worked at one point).

• So I tried using a brand new Pi, and the results have not changed. At this point...Wiring, Power, SD card, and Pi have all been ruled out as the problem. I have tried other sections of extra APA102 strip, but the same problem persists on each of them.

I have tried installing Hyperion from 2 different computers via HyperCon, and after each of them, my Get Log is the same... Lots of "
    Unit hyperion.service entered failed state.
    ", and "ERROR: No valid config found".

Did another fresh install of OSMC, followed by Hyperion. This is my Get Log.

Tried sending the original hyperion.config.json file, as well as my renamed config file, but these errors persist.

• Finally got the system working. I did a fresh Hypercon, and basic default settings worked (with the exception of changing LED type). I changed the settings one at a time until failure. Failure occurred at enabling of the grabber. Replaced the grabber, and now everything works great again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!