Having Trouble Wiring up LEDs

• This is current how i have it wired up in the following diagram.

blue and green are clock and data respectively across all LED stripes. With the long leads in the middle going to pins of the raspberry pi

All 6 ground pins to the LEDs are connected to their respectively terminals and the opposite ends are solder together to go into the PSU. All ground is connected across all LED stripes

Currently the 4 5v wires are soldered to the bottom 4 led stripes with only the top one having to be soldered.
    I dont get a short circuit at this point when touching any GND or 5v wire

When I solder a red wire to the 5v bundle and solder the opposite end to either the right or left end of the top LED stripe I get a short across the GND and 5V wires at all terminals.

I was trying to solder a 5v wire to both the left and right side of the top LED stripe since this one has the most LEDs continously. I'm not quite sure what is causing the short

EDIT: There may be a something weird going on. With the currrent setup I am seeing a 250Ohm resistence between 5v and ground. I will resolder the 5v and gnd wires one by one tomorrow and check for any resistance as I add wires

• Posting an update to this.

I checked it once again one by one. Apparently I introduce a resistance somehow it creates a 150Ohm or so resistance between 5V and Gnd. I realized the signals go along the past of least resistance, so it should never cross over. I plugged in the psu and I read 5v across the terminals :) Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!