HDMI Splitter

• Hey there,

Today i orderd WS2812b for my rPI1 B+, 5m 60/m. I saw many tutorials, but most of them suggested this HDMI Splitter because it supports HDCP. But i dont need it. Currently im using my TV as a 3th PC Monitor, just to watch series and streams and stuff like that. So there is nothing that needs HDCP.

Now im wondering if its possible to use a passiv splitter like SYS HDMI Kabel Stecker Buchsen Y Splitter Kabel Adapter . I dont want to have so many power supplies behinde my TV. In the description it says it will only output to two screens if they have the exact same size, but in our case we are converting it to an AV signal to then convert it to USB. So im unsure if it will work.

I saw, that with the WS2812b i would need an Arduino to support it, or a level shifter. The Arduino would need a power supply so i would prefere the shifter here.

The last piece is the HDMI to AV Converter. I found something like HDMI GANA AV Unterstützung Schutzhülle but it needs power (of curse), now i thought that it should be possible to to charge it over the USB port from the rPI or am i wrong here?

• Hello Derniccoo,

I am not certain if you found this out yet or not, I would like to supply you my input on when I built my Hyperion "Rig."

First, off you really want HDCP enabled throughout your entire system as much as possible. Any encrypted content (i.e. Blu-ray, DVD, Services like Netflix, etc...) will cause viewing issues. This is specifically true with 4K Displays, which I will cover in another post. :)

The next thing I would recommend is to get a plastic project box to put everything in.

The RPI can power a lot of the items required for Hyperion to work, but this is all dependent on the power supply used to power the RPI. I would suggest instead look at getting components that require 5v0. This way you can get a universal power supply that can power everything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!