Help fix WS2812B - rasp 3 - arduino

• Hello,

I can't get this working, I have led strip WS2812B with rasp pi 3 and arduino nano, I use OPENELEC.

I am sending the config file to the open elec via SSH, but the leds are not showing anything. I also uploaded on arduino uno software for this and set the correct pins.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I select (WS281X) in hyperion.

Please help me

• Hey Arakon, thanks for being here.

Leds are working, I can control them from HyperCon.jar , to change their colors, but when I plug all the video grabber and everything, problem starts to kick in.

My STK1160 Video Capture is not seen in the USB properly, I think I am missing some software that I have to setup for this video capture?

Any idea?

Bus 001 Device 027: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 028: ID 534d:0021
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 028: ID 534d:0021 = THIS IS VIDEO CAPTURE

/dev/video0 missing..

LogiLink VG0001A, USB 2.0 this I have

• That's not a STK1160 chipset.. that's an unsupported one. There's no driver for the raspberry for this, as far as I am aware.
    Try to find an UTV007 one.. the colors aren't as good, but it's more common and causes less trouble.

Wow , and I bought two of this.. paid 50 euro for nothing..
    Are you sure there is no way to solve this? can't I write myself the support for it?

• That's not a STK1160 chipset.. that's an unsupported one. There's no driver for the raspberry for this, as far as I am aware.
    Try to find an UTV007 one.. the colors aren't as good, but it's more common and causes less trouble.

I want colors to be as best as possible, can you tell me what other options I have? what shall I order exactly? or if I can write the driver?

• nothing no, you can write new drivers for it...

Thanks sir for the response, thank you for creating this community for all the fans of ambilight. I'll order a new one then and wait to see if this gets solved.

Another question is, can I "ditch" the Arduino and just use raspberry with my WS281X? or its mandatory to have the arduino for this type of led strips?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!