1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpha Hyperion.ng RPi3 refuses connection on IP:8099

Discussion in 'Development' started by nb37, 8 November 2017.

1. nb37

nb37 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    Hello, I have used Hyperion and it works great. I decided to test Hyperion.ng -- I created a fresh Raspbian-Lite image on RPi3 and installed/compiled Hyperion.ng per the Github instructions (https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/blob/master/CompileHowto.md) via the install script.

When I try to access the RPi on the local network, it refuses connection on 192.168.X.XXX:8099 (the IP of RPi on LAN). I cannot determine whether Hyperion.ng is running. I do not see the same symlinks/file structure as Hyperion. Do I need to manually set symlinks and copy directories for Hyperion.ng like legacy installation (https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/2-Installation)?

Forgive my ignorance. I've spent hours searching the code and forums and am lost on how to proceed beyond the install in order to start the webUI/server for Hyperion.ng. Any help is appreciated.

2. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    as i know there are no symlinks...you have to start .ng manually

3. nb37

nb37 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    Thanks for your help. Do I run .ng manually from the default installation directory (/usr/local/share/hyperion)? What command / syntax do I actually run? I do not see any hyperiond service/executables. Maybe I am just using the wrong command?

4. nb37

nb37 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    For example, the default install directory for Hyperion.ng is /usr/local/share/hyperion. hyperiond is located at /usr/local/share/hyperion/bin

Running the following command does not seem to work:

Code:
    [email protected]:/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin $ hyperiond test.config.json
    [hyperiond MAIN] <WARNING> Create new config file (/home/pi/.hyperion/config/test.config.json)
    _
    In the case above, after the warning output, nothing happens. It does not matter what config file (blank/default/etc) I use, there is no return.

If I copy the default hyperion.config.json.default to /home/pi/.hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json and then run:

Code:
    [email protected]:~/.hyperion/config# /usr/local/share/hyperion/bin/hyperiond hyperion.config.json
    _

Then there are no warnings, and nothing happens. No response in terminal.

I do not see anything in the wiki or forum about starting Hyperion.ng other than through with method above. I know many people run Hyperion.ng on RPi -- what am I doing wrong? :-/

Last edited: 9 November 2017
  5. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Ich komme wieder, keine Frage! Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Start with "hyperiond hyperion.config.json --debug"

6. TPmodding

TPmodding Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    after compiling go to the /build/bin directory in hyperiond and try it with ./hyperiond

7. nb37

nb37 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3
    SUCCESS! The issue was discovered by running "--debug". I discovered that the RPi configured Hyperion to run on port *8090* (not 8099, or 8094 as I have seen in other threads).
    Code:
    [email protected]:/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin$ hyperiond hyperion.config.json --debug
    [hyperiond Core] <DEBUG> <Hyperion.cpp:537:bonjourRecordResolved()> found hyperion session: raspberrypi.local.:8090
    _
    When I accessed the URL (either direct IP 192.168.X.XXX:8090 or raspberrypi.local:8090) I was able to access the Hyperion WebUI as expected. I'm not sure why it is running on port 8090. Maybe I misread the other posts, or maybe RPi just decided to use another port.

In any case, THANKS for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paulchen-Panther

Paulchen-Panther Ich komme wieder, keine Frage! Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    @Brindosch wir sollten darüber nachdenken die webUI Port info in der Konsole auf Info statt Debug zu setzen. Das erspart uns diese Art der Fragestellung in Zukunft.
    Paulchen

9. Brindosch

Brindosch Administrator Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Probably yes. But together with the docu and the .deb install package you won't run into any issues.

10. Brindosch

Brindosch Administrator Administrator

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    I noticed that the port is printed as info, i need to reduce the amount of stuff that is printed...