Hyperion on OpenElec (ws2801): Pi freezes

• Hello,

Does anyone else has the problem that my whole Pi running on Openelec freezes after x(1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day,...) amount of time?

The problem is related to Hyperion somehow, because i've been running my pi for the last two months without hyperion (uninstalled) and it never even happend once, and now i've got Hyperion back online et voila... it happend again.

Only a power cut is possible to get the Pi booted again...

I'm hoping you guys can help me out, because it is driving my wife nuts... and then i have to shut them off again...

I love the work all of you have been doing, this is a super project!!!

Already have a second hyperion running on the moodlight of my aquarium, and by summer i'll have one running on the edge lights of my patio.... love the mood blob effects! :)

• It's just a basic setup with a Raspberry Pi 2, installed the image of OpenElec 7.0.0 and i used the latest Hypercon. There are about 160 leds connected and i am using a seperate power supply with ample Amps on board.

Everything is running smoothly, grabber, response time, effects,... just until at some point when i'm playing video and all of a sudden the sound stops and about 1 sec later the image freezes and the system is stuck. It's not that i'm playing huge .mkv files, so i don't think it will be the CPU load but i'll leave this for the experts...

Thanks for thinking with me!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!