Hyperion will not start after changing the number of LED

• Hello to the community,

Being French, I will try to explain my problem.
    Sorry for the quality of my english.

I set up Hyperion with a functional configuration for the LED from the top of my TV.

I added to the configuration the other LED, and hyperion service does not start anymore.

I tried to understand why and I realized that with a configuration of 121 LED (from 0 to 120), when restarting the service, it works.

By adding the 122nd LED (from 0 to 121) in the configuration file, the service refuses to restart.

And by removing the 122nd LED, the service is restarting properly.

I think there is a problem around the configuration of the raspberry or hyperion config, but I can not identify the problem.

I specify that the LED strip has been tested with an Arduino and the 300 LED work properly.

Here is the environment :
    Raspberry Pi model 3B with OSMC
    LED strip WS2812B
    Separate power supply between RPi and LED
    The LED strip is connected to the GPIO port of the raspberry 39/40 (Data pin 40, GPIO21)

Hyperion Version : 1.03.4
    Build Time: Apr 5 2018 01:57:25

The installation / update was done by the command :

Code
    curl -k -L --output install_hyperion.sh --get https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/master/bin/install_hyperion.sh
    chmod +x install_hyperion.sh
    sudo sh ./install_hyperion.sh

I tested the installation / update by HyperCon, the service is online butthe LED strip does not turn on.

The configuration was first generated by HyperCon. The changes only affect the LED.
    LED : Top 72, Left & Right 43, Bottom Gap 0, Start LED 0, Corner LED On.

When the service is running, the internal grabber is working properly as well as the mobile application.

The /boot/config.txt file has been modified to support the SPI (dtparam=spi=on)
    I also try to add spidev.bufsiz=32768 but without results.

I added these lines in the file hyperion.config.json
    "gpio" : 21,
    "dmanum" : 5,
    "freq" : 800000,
    "pwmchannel" : 0,

Here is the configuration file that works :

and the one that does not work :

Here is the hyperion log when it works :

and the one when that does not work :

Thank you for any help you can bring me

• Offizieller Beitrag

"device" :
    {
    "name" : "OsmcKodi",
    "type" : "ws281x",
    "leds" : 240,
    "colorOrder" : "grb",
    "gpio" : 21,
    "dmanum" : 5,
    "freq" : 800000,
    "pwmchannel" : 0
    },

did you changed this value?

• Yes I have tried several values, 120, 121, 122, 240, 300, but that does not seem to have any impact.

Curently with the parameter 240, it works for the 121 LED.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!