Hyperion with 120 inch screen

• Hi everyone,

After successfully using Hyperion for past 3 years on a 55" TV, I am now thinking about a big step up:

Installing hyperion system around my 120" technical screen projector.

This means about 7 to 8 meters of LED strip. I will probably go with a APA102 30 led / m solution so max 240 leds (afraid that 60 led / m would draw too much power).

While I understand that I will need to properly size the power supply for this configuration, I wanted to know if everyone had done similar work already and would be willing to share experience.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

870 ws2812b (60/m) leds at the roof... but not finished yet... :) only have two power supplys at two corners in both directions...but it is not enough...will wire the other two corners too...but it is amazing

• Offizieller Beitrag

from the red arrows i have fed electricity, but the yellow marked corners has to low power...if i set the LEDs to white, those corners are a little bit yellowish, i plan to power those corners with a wire from the psu's, as painted in green... i use 2x 5v12A psu

• Thank you TPmodding, very clear. So the hyperion "signal" comes from the pi or equivalent with a video grabber input and will be connecting to the 4 strip leds , each of them connected with a clip-on connector.
    The power will come from 4 different PSUs (5v12A).
    HDMI splitter, I will have to find a new one that can handle 4k@60 hz (18Gbps).
    Remains the OS: I do not want openelec, hopefully, I can recognize video grabber on a normal rasp. pi distro. Any idea if this is possible ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

also nochmal: die leds sind an einem strang, die ecken habe ich gelötet und nicht mit eckverbindern...ist halt auch alles unter der decke, ist ein anderer fall...ich benutze 2 netzteile, jedoch würde ich empfehlen an jeder ecke in beide richtungen strom einzuspeissen, einfach vom netzteil ein kabel dahin ziehen...die leds dort sind NICHT am rpi sondern an einem nodemcu modul das die daten von hyperion über wlan bekommt...

a 4k hdmi splitter to find will be hard AND expensive as hell...an you can use raspbian instead of openelec

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!