Hyperion + WS2812B + Pi 3 + Arduino R3

• Hello, I have read through all the help topics and seem to still be hitting a brick wall. I have followed the redit post here (
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/raspb…tv_guide_ws2812neopixels/) When I power everything on, it flashes the RGB sequence that the Arduino is programmed for. I am waiting for the light strip to then do the rainbow swirl from Hyperion and it just stays off. If I try to search for available servers in the Hyperion app, I find my pi, but nothing changes on the LEDs no matter what I click on the app or inside the Hyperion config java program.. Please can someone help shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

I am using the following hardware
    LED WS2812B
    Arduino R3
    Pi 3 B
    Video grabber with UTC007
    HDMI Splitter
    HDMI2AV

all connections should be 100% correct,
    video source > splitter > hdmi2av > video grabber > to raspberry pi.

raspberry pi > Arduino

Arduino pin 5 is to 240ohm resistor then to LED Din and Arduino GND to LED GND

All power run to 5V 10A power supply. Everything appears operational, I just think I'm missing something in the code.

Hyperion.Config.Json is uploaded OpenElec 7.0.1.img to raspberry pi

below is my sketch

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need me to run any tests, please let me know what code I need to use to run this. I understand how to use Putty, but I don't know any of the commands by heart.

• Offizieller Beitrag

try
    "delayAfterConnect" : 10,
    instead of
    "delayAfterConnect" : 0,

and delete the framegrabber part if you want to use only the usb grabber

// FRAME GRABBER CONFIG
    "framegrabber" :
    {
    "width" : 96,
    "height" : 54,
    "frequency_Hz" : 10.0,
    "priority" : 890
    },

• Thank you @TPmodding in the end I went back to the beginning. Flashed the pi and arduino. I used rasbian Jessie lite on the pi, installed Hyperion and python then used the sketch above and all works perfectly now. No openelec or XBMC / Kodi. Now, when the framegrabber doesn’t see video, I get the multicoloured columns with a no signal box. I’m using EasyCap with 007 chipset. Is it possible to just go to a black screen when no signal is present? I’m having to turn off the LEDs with Hyperion app. Would be nice to tell my google home “OK Google, start Hyperion.” ...anyone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!