Hyperiond crashes

• Hyperiond service is crashing when I switch between static color (colors) and other modes (effects, live view, etc). I must reboot my RPi.

Please, where hyperiond stores logs?
    I would like to try to find the reason of crashes by myself, too. Thanks

• https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/Hyperion-Log did you try with this method?

Yes, I did.

I hoped for more detailed log but ssh returned (se below) the same log as I can find in system logs in /var/log :(
    In ssh log there is just information about trying of restart hyperiond service, but no information why it terminated.

• I started hyperiond manually.
    Then I tried to go to static color and the back to live mode several times until this:
    V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Frame too small: 705796 != 829440
    V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Frame too small: 725796 != 829440
    ... a lot of these lines ...
    V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Frame too small: 745796 != 829440
    V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Frame too small: 715796 != 829440
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped (here I tried to go to static color again and then back to live mode)
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: started (v4l2 grabber should be started, but when I go back to live mode, all LEDs are off with no color)
    V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped (and suddenly this happens and hyperiond definitelly crashed)
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:runtime_error'
    what(): VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory

Then when I try to start hyperiond manually again, It did not start and I see it stops initiating of hyperiond on line:
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory

• I think the whole problem is because of starting and stopping v4l2grabber each time you switch back from live to static/effect mode. The better would be to have v4l2grabber live mode always started, and when we choose static/effect color then just to tell to v4l2grabber part to not send data to LEDs (because of color/effect higher priority). This would probably solve this issue, because hyperiond should not need to reinitiate v4l2grabber again and again (v4l2grabber could be always initiated but just effects/static color will have just higher priority).

• yes please, here is lsusb:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd STK1160 Video Capture Device
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!