I need help understanding how Pi3 works with TV

• Hey guys, I am new to the Pi community and the ambilight will be my first project. I have TONS of questions, and I can't find a direct answer to some of them so I was hoping some of you guys could help.

Background:
    I plan/have on using these items
    Samsung 82' Q6
    Raspberry Pi3 w 16GB sandisk microsd
    About 18-19 feet of APA102 led strips (all 4 sides of tv) (connected using either solder or quick corner connect, not sure which yet)
    DC 5V 15A power supply

Basically everything on this guide

My goal for this project if to be able to use netflix (directly on my samsung tv, or on my custom built pc), consoles like nintendo switch, everything on my pc (gaming on pc or browsing internet,youtube), and normal cable tv(not as important).

Here are my questions,
    1)Will the Pi3 3 create ambilight for ANYTHING that is on my screen? No matter which HDMI input I am on? Or will I have to use the HDMI splitter and 4k downscale things I've read in some DIY ambilight guides. (If I do need to do this, can someone link a good guide for materials I need along with directions?)
    2) How do I turn off the rasberry Pi? Since it is kinda like a computer, when I turn my Tv off does it automatically shut off? I dont wanna waste its life by keeping it on when im not using the tv. Or can I just unplug everything, with a slave socket (will it ruin the pi3?)

• So a visual,
    and more questions
    1) What happens if I don’t have a 4k to 1080p scaler
    2) Instead of buying all the things (in red circle), Can I just plug Xbox, Pc, Nintendo switch directly into tv? and then the raspberry pi into tv via hdmi to get ambilight?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!