Installing Hyperion.ng

• Hello!

I am trying to install/build the Hyperion.ng on my Raspberry. I am following the instruction from this page:
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ob/master/CompileHowto.md

But I stucked on this command:
    [INDENT]cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..[/INDENT]

The error is:
    [INDENT]CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
    Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
    BCM_INCLUDE_DIR
    [/INDENT]

I am very noob about Linux but this is an opportunity to explore more this world.
    Do you guys know what this error is?

(I also attached the log files here)

Thank you

• I haven't built a osmc pi in a wile. So not %100 sure this is still valid.
    Replace the bit in the howto:
    "
    on RPI you need the videocore IV headers
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev
    "
    With:
    sudo apt-get install rbp-userland-dev-osmc

Hope it helps.

• having recently compiled hyperion.ng myself as a first-timer, my best advice would be to use the docker container method, as this has all of the necessary environment setup you require, including all dependencies.

Install docker-ci using the instructions from their website and go from there. I didn't compile on the Pi however, i used a VM with Ubuntu 16.04 and cross compiled for Pi. Afterwards, i just FTP'd onto the Pi and copied the .deb file and then installed using apt-get :)

• Hey Akriss!
    That worked! Thanks! However, now when I execute the command make -j $(nproc) my raspberry crash/freeze :/ I tried again but it happen again. Any tips?
    I attached the screenshot where it crash/freeze.

• having recently compiled hyperion.ng myself as a first-timer, my best advice would be to use the docker container method, as this has all of the necessary environment setup you require, including all dependencies.

Install docker-ci using the instructions from their website and go from there. I didn't compile on the Pi however, i used a VM with Ubuntu 16.04 and cross compiled for Pi. Afterwards, i just FTP'd onto the Pi and copied the .deb file and then installed using apt-get :)

Hello Bnealon!
    Good to know! I will try if the current method not work. Thanks!

• Hey Akriss!
    That worked! Thanks! However, now when I execute the command make -j $(nproc) my raspberry crash/freeze :/ I tried again but it happen again. Any tips?
    I attached the screenshot where it crash/freeze.

Forget! I run again all and it installed!!!!!!

But now I have no idea how to run it. On the HowTo they say to run hyperiond, but it says that the configuration file is missing... I believe is that configuration file that we create, but where do I place it?
    Also, I tried to open the webui using port 8091 or 8090, but nothing open.

• Forget! I run again all and it installed!!!!!!

But now I have no idea how to run it. On the HowTo they say to run hyperiond, but it says that the configuration file is missing... I believe is that configuration file that we create, but where do I place it?
    Also, I tried to open the webui using port 8091 or 8090, but nothing open.

I found the directory to place the config file, but now when I run hyperiond, it says:

"Unexpected reply signature: got \"\", expected \"a{sv}\""

Any tips?

• I found the directory to place the config file, but now when I run hyperiond, it says:

"Unexpected reply signature: got \"\", expected \"a{sv}\""

Any tips?

Forget again! Now I understood, when run hyperiond I am able to open the Web Interface
    But now, it's strange, all that I do on web interface nothing happen after save, for example, If I change the boot effect or disable, it nothing happen when I boot again, It seems like the first standard installation runs and not the hyperion.ng
    Does anyone knows what to do?

The main target for me is to run the and effect after boot

• How exactly did you start hyperiond?
    You should find your binary in your source folder then /build/bin/hyperiond. Can you please run it directly there? Maybe with --debug?
    Normally you should run the right version if you can open the webinterface. Where did the config get created? On default you should now have a config at ~/.hyperion/

Also maybe your old hyperion version is running with the old service. Can you check that? Maybe disable the service for now.

Timezones are a pitty dude. You posted in the middle of the night here in europe. But thanks to the internet we can communicate around the world :)

• @b1rdhous3 this might sound really stupid, but where are the logs for hyperion and hyperion.ng on raspbian stretch? I'm trying to tail the logs for another issue, the wiki just talks about using hypercon, but i cant use that for hyperion.ng
    Cheers

• How exactly did you start hyperiond?
    You should find your binary in your source folder then /build/bin/hyperiond. Can you please run it directly there? Maybe with --debug?
    Normally you should run the right version if you can open the webinterface. Where did the config get created? On default you should now have a config at ~/.hyperion/

Also maybe your old hyperion version is running with the old service. Can you check that? Maybe disable the service for now.

Timezones are a pitty dude. You posted in the middle of the night here in europe. But thanks to the internet we can communicate around the world :)

Hey B1rdhous3!

Haha! It's a pitty, but not a problem, I just can deal with my raspberry at evening next day here :)

I started hyperiond first from this folder but then I realised I could call it anywhere.
    As I haven't uninstalled the classic Hyperion, I see that by default it boots the classical hyperion service (as you said). If I don't stop the classic and run the hyperiond, my LEDs get crazy.
    So I believe I have to disable the classical hyperion service and enable the new hyperiond but I don't know how to do it (I am noob on Linux :oops:)

Thanks man!

• @b1rdhous3 this might sound really stupid, but where are the logs for hyperion and hyperion.ng on raspbian stretch? I'm trying to tail the logs for another issue, the wiki just talks about using hypercon, but i cant use that for hyperion.ng
    Cheers

Haha good point. I don't even exactly know because I don't needed it for now. I think it is not logges to filesystem. It is available in the WebUI. You should be able to see it there. Maybe @Paulchen-Panther can help here and give more details.

• Hmm, I don't know if you can directly run hyperiond from everywhere. I think it is still connected to your old service. It depends on how far you did the compile instructions. So for now please try to stop the old service and run hyperiond from the build/bin directory.
    Can you please post the config you should now find in ~/.hyperion ?
    Also you should be able to access the webui then.

• Hmm, I don't know if you can directly run hyperiond from everywhere. I think it is still connected to your old service. It depends on how far you did the compile instructions. So for now please try to stop the old service and run hyperiond from the build/bin directory.
    Can you please post the config you should now find in ~/.hyperion ?
    Also you should be able to access the webui then.

Hello b1rdhous3!

For sure, I can run hyperiond from everywhere (And when I run I am able to open the WebUI but the terminal keep it running in first plan), I guess it's now on the global system variables.
    But when the OSMC boots, it is calling the old service. I found some instructions on internet how to deal with Services on Linux and I will try to stop definitively the old service, but I still need to know how to set the new service for hyperiond and boot it.

I follow the install instructions from CompileHowTo. The last part "Integrating hyperion into your system" there is nothing written yet, maybe this part teachs how to up the service...

When I get home, I will get the config and post here :)

Thanks

• Ok Fine. So hyperion is working correctly?

Where is the hyperiond now located? I assume it is located in /usr/local/Share/hyperion/bin Right?

I can Provide you My service file of you Want. Will take some time because I am at work and it is 10 am here ;)

Hello!
    Yes, it's working fine but it's not starting automatically when boot, just starting the classical Hyperion when boot.

I'm not sure where it is located but I will take a look after I get back home :)

If you don't mind! Would be great, I just need instructions where to put this service :) Take your time, don't be hurry :) I on my way to work and I'll be back home later hours

Thanks a lot

• @Braulio when i compiled mine, one of the artifacts in the /deploy directory was a .deb, which is a debian RPM, installing this will do everything you need. It deploys the code in the correct directories, along with adding the correct services you require. I would highly recommend, unless you need to manually compile the code - installing docker and running the command in the compile instructions, its super simple and 'just works'. :)

• @Braulio when i compiled mine, one of the artifacts in the /deploy directory was a .deb, which is a debian RPM, installing this will do everything you need. It deploys the code in the correct directories, along with adding the correct services you require. I would highly recommend, unless you need to manually compile the code - installing docker and running the command in the compile instructions, its super simple and 'just works'. :)

Hello @bnealon!

Good to know! I will take a look when I get home!
    BTW, how do I execute this .deb? (I am noob on Linux)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!