Interested in Hyperion. Have a few questions

• I'm looking to create an Amblight and have done a lot of reading up on Hyperion which seems like the most versatile choice out there. I'm leaning toward making it so that it will work with all my HDMI sources. I have a couple of questions that I would like answered before I dive in and start buying up parts to build my system, I am planning to run Hyperion on my RPI2

• I would like to use the active mode where it processes the real time video and displays color along the edge of the TV but there will be times when I would like to turn this novelty off due to being a distraction or I want a constant brightness in my TV room. Is there a way to command Hyperion from another Machine via a script to transition to a static color of my choice when I press a specific button on my remote?
    • I run Home Assistant on my RPI2, When I do not have my TV on can Home Assistant control Hyperion like it is a HUE bulb or something similar. I have a couple of HUE bulbs and would like to set a scene so that that it turns on my HUE bulbs and the TV backlight powered by Hyperion to a specific static color without turning on the TV and processing the video feed. Additionally there will be times when I use the streaming features built into my TV
    • Additionally. I have a HUE Bloom on either side of the TV. Can Hyperion control theses by taking the average color of the TVs side and sending it to the bulbs?
    • Similar to #2 I want to use Home Assistant to control the enabling of Hyperion's processing/LED driving. There will be certain hours of the day where I do not want Hyperion active at all as it'll be too bright in the room to utilize the amblight anyway. Is this possible?
    • How far can I run wires from my RPi2 to the LEDs using SPI? I would like to mount the unit in my cabinet but my TV is mounted on the wall. Would it be possible to run 6ft of wires for the data and clock without having to make a custom circuit to boost the signal?

Just to give a quick run down of my setup. I plan to attach the video grabber to the HDMI output of my AV receiver going to my TV. I'm planning to run the software on my RPI2 which also runs my instance of Home Assistant. I run Kodi full time on my Windows 10 based HTPC. I control the setup using a USB remote control that has its buttons processed by EventGhost and then commands the appropriate application that is in the foreground.

P.S. I do have the ability to write some scripts or pyhton applications. so pointing me in the right direction for what I need to do for custom code will help also so I can achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance.

• 1) yep - json interface to control lots of things including setting static colours, launching effects etc...
    theres a hyperion-remote command line tool that exposes nearly al lthe json interface.

2) I dont use home assistant but a quick hyperion home assistance google search turned up a few results

3) probably - hyperion support philips hue as an "led device" type. you may need to run 2 instances of hyperion to support 2 device types at the same time

4) should be fine - set the colour to black!

5) 6 ft is probably ok - make sure you use a 74hct style level shifter

• Thank you so much for the help. Yea I found a really simple addon for Hyperion integration into Homeassistant. As for the JSON Interface, there isn't much documentation on it. The reading I did about the remote command line tool looks good. My question know is can I run the remote command line tool on a windows machine and get it to talk to Hyperion on the RPi2? Or should I just run it on the RPi2 through like SSH just determine all my message structures I need?

It would be really great if there was a section in the wiki detailing the JSON interface and all its attributes. Would really assist people trying to integrate Hyperion into their higher level systems.

• Ok. So to switch between a static color and the frame grabber I would call the frame grabber as an effects engine to enable it via command line tool?

Sorry for all the question just trying to wrap my head around this. Thank you so much for all your answers

• And boom goes the dynamite. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Will definitely have to probably modify the Home Assistant Hyperion plug in to get all this to work correct but that shouldn't be so hard.

Thank you so much

• And boom goes the dynamite. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Will definitely have to probably modify the Home Assistant Hyperion plug in to get all this to work correct but that shouldn't be so hard.

Thank you so much

Hey Talguy- did you ever get this to work? I'm working on figuring out a solution for Home Assistant as well and wouldn't mind some help!

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!