Kodi with APA102 and Hyperion no lights

• Hello,

Total newbie.

Tried to find a simple answer and did some search but I am still confused.

Setup everything according to this tutorial here: https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/

Using OSMC + Raspberry Pie 3 btw. with APA102

I can change the colours via the colour picker in HyperCon and that works perfectly after I changed it to BGR (from RGB) but I am stuck now. Eventually I want to have it set-up to have a USB grabber, HDMI splitter etc.

However for now I would be happy if videos on Kodi would actually show any colours. I think I have to enable the 'Internal Frame Grabber' on the Grabber tab which I did but when playing videos on Kodi nothing happens.

I enabled the Kodi checker and left the Kodi IP address at 127.0.0.1 and TCP port at 9,090

Should this all just work automatically or do I need some kind of plugin or perhaps it wont work at all with Kodi / OSMC.

Perhaps you have a nice link where this is explained well or if it's an easy answer perhaps you could let me know.

Again, totally new to this so probably super simple for one of you.

Thanks

• Thanks harun. I did reboot the Raspberry 3 a few times and reinstalled Hyperion and suddenly it all worked in Kodi now.

Probably will still do the colour calibration and then connect the USB grabber + HDMI splitter etc to get it working from any HDMI source but I have gotten much further now.

So just to answer my own question. Kodi at least via OSMC should work outright when everything is set-up correctly. No additional software / plugin needed. I believe the internal grabber needs to be enabled however for Kodi to work (please correct me if I am wrong)

2nd observation: I used the colour picker and the colours were all wrong when leaving it at RGB. Red was blue and it was all over the place. Had to change it to BGR for me (I tried one after the other) and that displayed the colours correctly according to the colour wheel.

This may help someone in the future.

For me the current issues are solved. I will see how it goes when adding the USB Grabber / HDMI splitter etc.

Thanks again.

• Hi,

You are right. When you install hyperion by hypercon it adds some textes to config.txt

When you have the usb grabber with utv007 chip you should make an new json file and sent it to your config files again. If you need some help with it you could sent me an message and I will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!