Led do not lights up

• Hello again,

Had no time to start new thread but have tried to make RPi work already.
    What I've done so far.

1. Reinstalled OpenELEC on RPi3
    2. Activated Remote control
    3. Installed Hyperion with HyperCon V1.02.3 ([MEDIA=pastebin]Pf1hvcUp[/MEDIA])
    4. Created Config file for shorter led strip (38 LED) ([MEDIA=pastebin]33R0pyyL[/MEDIA])
    5. Checked with multimeter if on each led segment is voltage
    6. Checked data voltage from beggining of the strip till last led (unfortunately first led was broken so i connected data line to second one)
    7. Tried to light up leds run manually hyperion but error occurs: ([MEDIA=pastebin]dHiDvKiu[/MEDIA])

Thank you in advance. And sorry for bothering.

• Hello ajarzyn,

Code
    "effects" :
        {
            "paths" :
            [
                "/opt/hyperion/effects"
            ]
        },

your effect path is wrong. Please change it at HyperCon to "OpenELEC/LE Path" at the "extern" tap.

Please upload a Hyperion Log.
    Thank you

• Hi there,

I have changed framegrabber as you suggested but it changes nothing :/

Not even one led blinks :|

Is there any other way to check if led are ok? I did it with multimeter as I wrote before checking if there's connection between two end of the one module (with the Ohme beep mode, don't know what's the proffesional name for that), and there was no beep sound but some valuse in Ohme resistance so I suppose there's all good, but to be sure I've checked current flow through first and last led module for data line. So while I send signal Imeasured it with mV and got spikes like 2mV, therefore I think hardfware connection looks fine.
    Ale the RPi gnd pin and all other places from beggining of the streap till last module shows 5.01 V.

I don't know what else I could change and if this is hardware fault or software.

Sorry for bothering you with my problem, but I feel a bit frustrated :|

Thanks for any help and suggesstions

• Hm, i don´t own a WS281X stripe. So i could nothing say in specific to this. Hyperion is running indeed.
    So if you set a color via remote still nothing? Looks like a weird hardware issue. Data wire at the right pin?
    [We recommend to use SPI based led chips they are working in any circumstance :) ]
    the three wire chips are very "error-prone" in terms of timing issues (1 data wire)

Maybe someone other have an idea.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For testing the leds an Arduino would be perfect as it has led strains tests so if you have one of those laying around can post some sketches :)
    In the DIY topic here we also have some sketches for Hyperion in combination with WS281* including troubleshooting / tips below:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

Using an Arduino in between is the most fool proof solution for the WS281* LED type due to it having exact timings :)

• :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Noobish so very Noobish!! I so totally missed this.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::facepalm:
    It works great now:omg::omg::omg:
    Thanks a ton!!!
    So the changes I made in summary:
    1. Recheck wiring
    2. Use Adalight and the correct dev in the configuration.

Playing around now with this...Even did a basic test with the mobile app!! Works great!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!