LED's don't work automatically & unclear about config

• Hi All,

I've tried to resolve this on my own by searching the forum and reading other online tutorials, however over the last 2 days I've sadly not made much progress and appear to be going round in circles.

I Believe my wiring is correct, the Uno on its own can address all the LED's so I'm happy with those. In fact when the Uno is attached to the RPi, my config placed within "\Configfiles\" and I use the below command, the LED's react:

Code
    /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh  --effect "Rainbow swirl fast" --duration 3000

My problem is that upon booting up OpenElec, although the Uno / LED's do their initial RGB test, they don't come on again afterwards. As mentioned above once booted, and using SSH I can run that command and the LED's react. So I get the impression the issue is config related?

My setup is as follows:

OpenElec Version 8.0.4
    HyperCon Version 1.03.3
    RPi Zero W
    Arduino Uno R3
    5V 10amp PSU
    WS2812B LED Strip
    LogiLink VG0001A USB Video Grabber
    HDMI2AV converter
    HDMI Switch

During troubleshooting I've run with a minimal config of just:

OpenElec Version 8.0.4
    HyperCon Version 1.03.3
    RPi Zero W
    Arduino Uno R3
    5V 10amp PSU
    WS2812B LED Strip

Once I've initially installed and setup Wifi / SSH on OpenElec, I add this line of code to the config of the RPi:

Code
    #Increase UART speed
    init_uart_clock=14745600

Then I utilise the SSH functionally of HyperCon to "Inst. /Upd. Hyperion", this appears to work successfully. Still using HyperCon I then upload my configuration to: "\storage\.config\hyperion.config.json" and using "start" / "Stop", "Set Led Color" all works.

My Config file appears as:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]kXqfsjQB[/MEDIA]

Before I attach the video grabber and progress my project I would like the LEDs to react to the KODI menu and videos it plays, however the LEDS don't automatically start upon booting. What have I missed?

if I run the command :

Code
    ./hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json

It produces the follow error:

Many thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

what(): JSONSERVER ERROR: could not bind to port

means the port is already taken, which means that hyperion is already running...

• Hi TPmodding, thanks any suggestion as to why my LED's don't react to any videos playing or the menu? I've adjusted my config since my last put to include the menu and still my lights are not active.

• I stand corrected, since redoing my config the LED's now work when a video is played and on the menu. I apologise if I've wasted anybodies time. They don't look very bright however its hard to say whilst the sun is out. I'm sure that can be adjusted with fine tuning.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!