LEDs on and off

• So to preface, I've been trying to get a working Hyperion setup going for over a year now, and this is the closest I've been able to get. I'M SO CLOSE!!!! It's incredibly frustrating to have fiddled with this on and off for so long with no results.

I'm using a Pi 2 B+, Easycap grabber with STK1160 chip, APA1202 LED strip, and running OpenELEC. Everything seems to be working correctly except for whatever witchcraft makes the LEDs light up. When using the internal frame grabber and playing a video on the Pi everything works perfectly, and the LEDs display the correct colors with no delays or flickering.

Switching over to the V4L2 grabber causes the LEDs to turn off randomly. In Hypercon I get a good screenshot of what the Easycap is capturing. The picture almost completely fills the screen, and there are no lines, green or otherwise. The LEDs will come on and display correct colors for a couple seconds, turn off for a few seconds, then come back on. It's a constant on and off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Log: [MEDIA=pastebin]xEujWxB0[/MEDIA]

Config File: [MEDIA=pastebin]39K8LYD2[/MEDIA]

• Try these settings. OpenELEC supports framescaling for the stk1160, so you can directly determine the grabbed resolution. That reduces load on the usb bus and should get rid of the frame too small errors.

• Try these settings. OpenELEC supports framescaling for the stk1160, so you can directly determine the grabbed resolution. That reduces load on the usb bus and should get rid of the frame too small errors.

I apologize for taking so long to post an update Doc.Ex, but here's where I'm at. I tried your settings, and it didn't make any noticeable difference, so out of frustration I put this project on the back burner for a while and moved on to other things.

So almost a month later, I think I've cooled off sufficiently to have another go at it. I decided to start from scratch, and downloaded the latest version of Raspbian, thinking maybe I'll have better luck over OpenElec. I get Raspbian up and running, fire up Hypercon, SSH in and install Hyperion. I get my config file all setup and fire it on over to the Pi, reboot for the sake of rebooting, there's the rainbow swirl, aaaaaaaaannnnnndd...........nothing. But wait! Maybe if I give your settings a go again? Change a few values, update the config file, reboot Hyperion, AND IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!

Well, it's mostly working. There are 3 leds on each end of the top row that don't light up, and the top 12 leds on each side don't light up. Then the leds that do light up on the side just seem to flash random colors. So mostly it's just the top row that's working. But I'm ok with that for the moment because it's a step up from where I was! I'm going to do some adjusting to the configuration and see what I can do.

Thank you so much for the help! I am very grateful you took the time to help me out! If you have any other suggestions, I am eager to hear them. And if not, thank you again!

• 2 things might cause this problem:

1. when you select NTSC, check if the HDMI2AV converter is also on NTSC, on some converters the labelling is false and is switched.
    2. Take a screenshot with the grabber and check the output. If it looks alright (ignore green stripes across the picture), but has a black border, adjust the crop settings until the black bars around the picture are gone.

• Well, after a few days of tinkering with grabber settings, I've finally got it working. I'm not sure what's going on, but something in the system is a bit glitchy. When changing settings on the grabber, and even changing what was displayed on the screen I would still get the same image when I took a grabber screenshot. After a reboot of the Pi I might not be able to get a screenshot at all, or the leds would be going crazy, or hyperion wouldn't even start up. Finally though after one more reboot it seems like everything has fallen into place. When taking a grabber screenshot, the result is still pixelated quite a bit, but it's good enough for hyperion to display accurate colors from the leds. I checked the NTSC/PAL switch, and mine seems to be labeled correctly. I think its safe to mark this thread as solved! Thanks again for the help Doc.Ex!

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you use the grabber in the pi? this should may a power problem, a usb hub with own power supply maybe should solve the problem

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!