Multiple Instances Of Hyperion Error

• Hi,

I'd like to use two instances of hyperion on the same Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) to control two different devices (WS2801 and Artnet).
    I followed the steps described in this guide.
    Both instances of hyperion are working fine alone, if the other one is not running at the same time.
    If I try to run both instances I get the error message

Code
    [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] <ERROR> V4l2 init failed (VIDIOC_REQBUFS error code 16, Device or resource busy)

on the second instance I started. Clearly it means that the grabber can not be used by two instances at the same time so what do I have to do to get the grabbed pictures to the second instance of hyperion if I can not use the grabber a second times?

• One instance is the "main" and forwards the video capture info to all other instances. Only the "Main" instance captures/receives a image.

A bit further down on that guide page "Controlling Multiple Devices" are some good examples to work from and help to understand the the syntax.

Hope it's of help.

• Solved it :)
    I turned on the json and proto server in the config file, but it has to be turned on in the webinterface (hyperion.ng) because the change in the file had no effect for some reason.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!