Newbie Help Needed

• This is my first time setting up an Ambilight system using a Raspberry Pi Zero W. Thus far, I've tried Hyperion v.1.03.1 on Raspbian Stretch, OSMC, and currently have OpenElec on my microSD card. I haven't been able to get Hyperion to work on any of these 3 OS. I am a bit unsure of my hardware setup as well and I hope someone can tell me if my setup looks correct. I am using the following components:

- WS2801 LEDs (15 x 29 LED configuration https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…ED-Strip/32540860114.html)

- 5V 8A power supply

- 4 pin 5050 RGB light strip connectors (so I wouldn't have to solder each strip)

Here are a couple of pictures of the set up:

In the above pic, the way I have the terminal block set up is:

1) GND from start and end --> Terminal Block --> negative DC power jack plug adapter
    2) 5V from start and end --> Terminal Block --> positive DC power jack plug adapter
    3) Pin 19 (MOSI SPI) --> Terminal Block --> CK from start
    4) Pin 23 (SCLK SPI) --> Terminal Block --> SI from start

Here is the result I am getting when I try to set RED in the colorpicker on Hyperion:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Here are my settings on Hyperion:

I would really appreciate getting this set up. Once this is working correctly, I plan on using an HDMI splitter to HDMI2AV converter to Pi to be able to use my various other devices. Thanks in advance

• I don't if you're still struggling with this, but I just noticed that you've put the MOSI (Master Out Slave In i.e. Data) to the CK (Clock) connector? If this wasn't a typo, then swapping the cables over will probably solve your problem.

• I don't if you're still struggling with this, but I just noticed that you've put the MOSI (Master Out Slave In i.e. Data) to the CK (Clock) connector? If this wasn't a typo, then swapping the cables over will probably solve your problem.

Thanks, but I found that the issue was, I didn't have a ground from my RPi0W. Plus, I ended up swapping to an RPi3 and now it works great. The only thing left to do is calibrate the colors a little bit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!