No connectivity RPi3 <> Uno [WS2812b]

• Hello,

I had a working setup with RPi3 directly to my WS2801 LEDstrip, but wanted to upgrade to WS2812b for increased leds/m. For this, additional hardware (Arduino Uno) is required, however this new setup is currently not working for me.

Additional information/have tried so far:

• Used this YouTube guide by 'The Mad Scientist' as base:
      Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
      Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
      Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    • Using (original) Arduino Uno
    • Using OPENELEC + HYPERION (unchanged from my previous setup with WS2801 leds (change needed?) )
    • Using a 60 led/m WS2812b ledstrip, 206 leds total

• Tried several drivers & setups in Hyperion, none of them do anything.
    • Tried several sketches that are out there, one sketch gives me the orange start-up swirl. (So the Uno and the strip are wired up correctly). The other sketches dont really do anything.

• The internal grabber isn't showing anything either.
    • Can see the Arduino when using the lsusb command.
    • Arduino and USB-grabber not on same row of USB's on the Pi.

My guess is that the connection between the Pi and the Arduino isn't working properly. I have looked up and tried several solutions posted on the forums here, on the Github page and several other pages, but none of them seem to have worked.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Many thanks!

• Hi TPModding, thanks for the answer. I have just tried it and although the LED-TEST blinks twice, I get no further response. I set the driver to Adalight and tested all the different OUTPUTS with and without delays. Also made sure the baudrate is same as the one in the sketch (115200). Got any further idea why its still not working?

• I have adjusted the "delayAfterConnect" to 10 in the config file directly, uploaded it, but no changes.

(Weird thing is if I change the delay in Hyperion to 10 itself, it doesnt result in a change in the config file)

• I just tried that, but no response. The only response I get so far is the 2 flashes when the Arduino boots. Maybe this SSH log from Hyperion can shed a bit more light on the problem? Thanks a lot for the help so far!

• No, I unplugged and plugged it back in, its ACM0, which I also tried, but that one isnt working either.

With Arduino UNPLUGGED:

With Arduino PLUGGED IN:

Log with ACM0:

• Hi DanDeVries is your setup still working? Could you share the codes Arduino and also .json config file please

I also followed the same tutorial and I have the leds lighting up on startup then turn off but then I am running into the same message whatever I try :

Code
    NFO: V4L2 grabber created and started
    ssh in:     KODICHECK INFO: Kodi Connected
    ssh in:     Device unblocked
    ssh in:     KODICHECK INFO: switching to MENU mode
    ssh in:     BORDER SWITCH REQUIRED!!
    ssh in:     CURRENT BORDER TYPE: unknown=0 hor.size=0 vert.size=0
    ssh in:     BORDER SWITCH REQUIRED!!
    ssh in:     CURRENT BORDER TYPE: unknown=0 hor.size=0 vert.size=0
    ssh in:     V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped

Can anyone help please !!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!