no grabber image

• this is my first time using a pi so please be gentle & helpful with me

ive installed libreelec on my pi3b+ & installer hyperion but cannot get the screen grabber to get an image ?

any help would be appreciated

tia

rob

[MEDIA=pastebin]HzX28eSA[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=pastebin]WU9DiDRc[/MEDIA]

• The Libreelec team maintains there own version of Hyperion and Hypercon.
    Hyperion is installed from the add-on section. I would use that version as it is tailored for Libreelec.

Some references: https://libreelec.wiki/main_page?do=search&id=hyperion+

Some info seems absent.
    I'll hazard to guess that you are using a arduino to drive some unspecified type of led and are using some unspecified type of usb grabber. And that's where my crystal ball fails me. You nee to fill in the rest. =)

Hope its of help.

• Sorry was late & was not thinking to about the rest of the equipment & i have not been able to get to the point where the leds will light up yet anwyay.

But yes , i have an arduino clone , usb grabber (utv007) & 2812b leds.

ill try what you said now & get back to you
    I also tried with osmc which i could not get an image from either.

thanks for getting back to me

• Code
    ssh in:     Opening UART: /dev/ttyACM0
    ssh in:     Unable to open RS232 device (IO Exception (2): N

Looks like the Rpi is not seeing the arduino. Its possible that it's on ttyUSB0.

I'm not sure of the sketch you are using on the arduino. However I have found that this sketch works best: https://github.com/hyperion-pr…firmware/arduino/adalight .

Hope is of help.

• Can you log in to Libreelec from a ssh shell and enter "lsusb" on the command line? Whats the output?

You should see something like:

Code
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc.
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Along with the info for the grabber type you have.

example: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    This is on a system I have.

• http://i1273.photobucket.com/a…7_vHDR_On_zpsnonjbbjs.jpg

• hyperion-v4l2:
    ssh in: version : 1d125d8df863ad176002f591d72dbba79ce9be63
    ssh in: build time: Dec 22 2018 03:39:23
    ssh in: V4L2GRABBER INFO: width=720 height=576
    ssh in: V4L2GRABBER INFO: pixel format=YUYV
    ssh out: VIDIOC_REQBUFS ERROR 16, Device or resource busy
    sftp getFile(./screenshot.png, java.awt.Image)

get this error everytime

• Wile using Hypercon to get a screen shot, you need to stop the Hyperion service first with the "stop" button on the SSH tab.

Log in to your libreelec with Hypercon, go to the ssh tab. Hit the connect button, Then the stop button, Then try a screen shot.

If you still get the same error try using a powered usb hub with the grabber. It may not be receiving enough power from the Rpi.

• Wile using Hypercon to get a screen shot, you need to stop the Hyperion service first with the "stop" button on the SSH tab.

Log in to your libreelec with Hypercon, go to the ssh tab. Hit the connect button, Then the stop button, Then try a screen shot.

If you still get the same error try using a powered usb hub with the grabber. It may not be receiving enough power from the Rpi.

Have tried that , exactly the same error.
    On first attempt all looks fine but then when i try to take grabber screenshot it locks up on first attempt & when i restart im back to the previous error .
    this is the log before i try a screen grab

[MEDIA=pastebin]WwDKCfSD[/MEDIA]

have not got a hub but ive unplugged everything else & ive got a 20a power supply

• Try this from a ssh terminal.

Code
    systemctl stop service.hyperion.service

Then:

Code
    hyperion-v4l2 --device /dev/video0 --screenshot

Whats the output?
    And the output of,

Code
    systemctl start service.hyperion.service

However, I'm not sure where the screenshot file is placed, The output of the commands is the important bit.

• I think this is a bug you have uncovered. I had the same experience on my test setup.

The command line screenshot works (as far as no errors thrown) , However it seems not to produce an actual screenshot file (I looked and did not find it). Hypercon I believe is just calling a similar command line for the screenshot, then looking for the screenshot file and not finding it. and it seems to not handle the Hyperion service stop very well.

However this should not be a show stopper just a hindrance. Are your leds shining upon the power on of the arduino and leds? Does the android phone app connect and control the leds?

A question I have: Why a external grabber if you are running libreelec on a Rpi? Hyperion should be able to use the internal grabber without a hassle. However that question is moot if you do intend to grab form a HDMI splitter as well.

• The setup i will be using is taking a feed from my av amp 2nd output so it will be hdmi.
    the leds do blink upon power up by nothing else after .
    The android app does not connect.
    I took all the setup directions from a outdated guide from youtube which there was a pi image which did not work with my pi, so i have been messing around with it not really knowing what im doing .
    I dont know how to load what u sent me to the arduino

I'm not sure of the sketch you are using on the arduino. However I have found that this sketch works best: https://github.com/hyperion-pr…firmware/arduino/adalight .

I never worked with rpi before was just hoping it would be a nice easy setup, But obviously not.

• so i have been messing around with it not really knowing what im doing .

The first step in understanding is messing around. =)

The file or Sketch as it more commonly refer to, is a set of programing instructions for the arduino. That sketch can be uploaded via the arduino IDE. A programing tool for the arduino. (https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software) theirs some good beginner info on the download page that should be read for clarity.

The arduino community is large and helpful. I'll try my best to help. However, I'm a self taught on the arduino IDE and still consider myself a novice (I would think)

I never worked with rpi before was just hoping it would be a nice easy setup, But obviously not.

All the guides on how to to a ambient light setup did work flawlessly for a wile. Then the march of progress breaks thing and the people that wrote the guides have most likely moved on to more exciting projects.

Good thing it's a fun project and has a good forum to lean on. =)

• What files to i need to add to the ardruino & could you tell me how to add them please ?

Ive looked at & read load of pages/forums etc but all seem to be different & i dont know which 1s to use

• could you tell me how to add them please ?

no promises that what I say is correct, as again I'm self taught. I'll try however.

Ive looked at & read load of pages/forums etc but all seem to be different & i dont know which 1s to use

What page are you looking at for the tutorial?
    I'm sure it wold be easier for me to help you if we where working from the same tutorial, wile I'll try to fill in any blanks or questions from that.

• no promises that what I say is correct, as again I'm self taught. I'll try however.

What page are you looking at for the tutorial?
    I'm sure it wold be easier for me to help you if we where working from the same tutorial, wile I'll try to fill in any blanks or questions from that.

ç
    too many pages to list . Lol

U tell me what page to look at & then we are on the same page

• Lets start with: https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/ .

A bit past "step 4" start at:

Zitat

After you have connected your LEDS using that guide, you will need to follow these steps:

- Install Arduino IDE:

Follow that as best you can. Post questions as needed. Use the sketch I linked before.
    Tip: FastLed can now be added within the arduino ide its self.
    Do this within the IDE: goto sketch in the tool bar, then include library / manage library, type "Fastled" in the search bar and install the latest version.

Then try a test compile. Press the check symbol button.

This is a good start I think/hope.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!