NUC + Kodi + Boblight plugin + Adalight - LEDs flickering

• Hi,

my HTPC running Ubuntu died suddenly and I was forced to buy a new one. I bought Intel NUC and installed Ubuntu + Kodi + Boblight addon + Hyperion. As I do not have the HyperCon configuration file, I just used the original hyperion.config.json file I created many years ago and which worked in old setup. Disabled(commented out) is videograbber and Kodi checker. I also copied over the original libboblight.so, which is required for boblight addon.

The problem is, that when I play a movie in Kodi, the LEDs start to flicker. My only intention is to have the backlight for movies, no grabbing from any video sources.

Actually I'm not sure what causes the flickering. It is also unclear to me, if it is boblight addon or hyperion that analyses the picture.

Any ideas? Should I use the hyperion addon instead or is the flickering caused by something else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

why you install 2 plugins to grab the picture if you dont want to grab the picture...

just use one of them and dont use the grabber options

• Update: I tried the hyperion addon instead of boblight and I created new configuration with HyperCon but the result is the same. It looks like the brightness of the LEDs just changes dramatically with a very little change in the image. If I control the LEDs manually from HyperCon, it looks normal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!