Only first 50 LEDs work.

• I have a setup of a RPI3, latest OSMC and a string of 94 WS2801 LEDs. I had this setup working a while back on an old version of Hyperion (and before that Boblight) on an RPI2 (openELEC) so I assume the hardware is OK, (I've also checked continuity with a multimeter).

The first 50 LEDs (at the start of the string) work exactly as expected and I can control them fully, none of the LEDs after that will light up at all. I've tried changing the baud rate, grabber and "outputs" in the HyperCon software, but no joy.

I have a feeling that the number 50 is not simply a coincidence, and also that if I dim the luminance gain, no further LEDs work, the same if some LEDs are off due to the backlight setting, it still does not light up after the 50th LED.

The PSU i'm using is a DC 5v 10amp unit, albeit a cheap ebay job it has been reliable in the past (running both the LEDs and PI). I do wonder if the increased draw from the PI3 is causing an issue (I also see the power symbol during playback on the top right of the screen). As I understand it each LED draws 50mA (x94 = 4.7a + 2.5a for the RPI = 7.2 amp draw total).

I can upload the logs & config later if need be.

• I tried switching between the internal frame grabber and the V4L2 to see if it made any difference, the config should be back to the internal option, thats how it shows in the HyperCon interface.

I've only been using the HyperCon for the whole setup, it's connected and sending the config via SSH, I've been stopping the service, sending a new config and then re-starting the service all via the SSH menu in HyperCon.

Thanks for the help so far btw!

• xxxxx@xxxxx:/$ hyperiond /etc/hyperion/benihana.json
    Hyperion Ambilight Deamon (4691)
    Version : V1.03.2 (brindosch-99d9396/d3713a8-1469452981
    Build Time: Jul 25 2016 06:54:40
    INFO: Selected configuration file: /etc/hyperion/benihana.json
    HYPERION INFO: ColorTransform 'default' => [0; 93]
    HYPERION INFO: ColorCorrection 'default' => [0; 93]
    HYPERION INFO: ColorAdjustment 'default' => [0; 93]
    LEDDEVICE INFO: configuration:
    {
    "colorOrder" : "rgb",
    "name" : "MyHyperionConfig",
    "output" : "/dev/spidev0.0",
    "rate" : 1000000,
    "type" : "ws2801"
    }

INFO: Creating linear smoothing
    HYPERION (CS) INFO: Created linear-smoothing(interval_ms=125;settlingTime_ms=150 ;updateDelay=0
    EFFECTENGINE INFO: 27 effects loaded from directory /usr/share/hyperion/effects
    EFFECTENGINE INFO: Initializing Python interpreter
    INFO: Hyperion started and initialised
    INFO: Boot sequence 'Strobe Raspbmc' EFFECTENGINE INFO: run effect Strobe Raspbm c on channel 0
    BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0.06 (16)
    BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default
    started
    INFO: Kodi checker created and started
    INFO: Json server created and started on port 19444
    INFO: Proto server created and started on port 19445
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Cannot identify '/dev/video0' ERROR 2, No such file or directory
    Aborted

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!