Only half screen is used for light generation

• So I was seeing odd behaviour when running test videos so I bought up a 4 colored square and put it on the
    screen, and moving it around I noticed if I put it on the left side of the screen the ilghts all stayed same color as the background. If I put it on the right side all the lights turned to the various colors of the square. Using Internal Grabber on Rpi2(Raspbian)

Config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]KQpM1yhC[/MEDIA]

Also for some reason I can start/stop through HyperCon but can't seem to push config update. (I'll try to get logs for this)

• So when I am testing external now(got the other working as above) - the bottom is cropped quite a bit even though my command has no crop(basically there's a small line of black at top, and about equal disappeared from bottom, it's like it shifted down. I did an mplayer test and it was showing correctly so it seems to be something with the hyperion v4l2

• So I figured these out just through tinkering..

If you want to add a section to troubleshooting on Hyperion in case people run into these in the future:

Only certain parts of screen light up correctly:
    Found two reasons for this. my lights were wired in wrong order for one(Lightpack)
    Second, Lightpack only has 10 'LED's due to the way they're wired. Not 30.

Using V4L2 grabber if you have an issue with the screen going off the bottom that means you have the size wrong. Start out with -1 for height and width and see if that works.

When colors at at full intensity your lights are white, lower your luminanceGain in your config file.(1.5)

If your lights aren't bright enough, raise your saturationGain(I used 2.5)

• It was odd - I did a swirly video but the way the lighting was in it made it just look like it was lagging a bit, when in reality a combo of things were messing with it, super coincidental. Made it harder to troubleshoot =)

I'm having a little issue with blackbar detection now but mostly got it going well.

(see pic top bars aren't lighting up for black bar vid)
    [MEDIA=imgur]height=1318;id=Fy64eM4;type=gifv;width=791[/MEDIA]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!