[OpenELEC] Restarting hyperiond and some other questions

• I'm currently using OpenELEC 5.0.8 on a regular Intel (HT)PC with Adalight/Arduino as "Bridge" and WS2812 stripes.

A couple of days ago I removed Boblight and installed Hyperion using the provided install script. :)

After configuring, the whole setup works so far (maybe still needs some tweaking) - but there are still some things/problems I don't really understand. Maybe someone can help me out here?:

• Which of the grabbers is actually the one supposed to be used? There is a internal framegrabber (which I disabled for now), a X11-grabber and there also seems to be a Kodi addon (which I didn't use). What are the advantages and disadvantages? In the autostart.sh "/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11" is started - so I guess this is the one supposed to be used?
    • If I use Hypercon (using SSH) to stop Hyperion the hyperion-x11 process isn't killed, but if I press "start", a new one is created, after some stop/stars it looks like this:

Code
      # ps aux | grep hyperion
      1482 root       0:06 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1518 root       0:04 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1580 root       0:01 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1610 root       0:00 {hyperiond.sh} /bin/sh /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
      1611 root       0:00 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11
      1612 root       0:00 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json
      1615 root       0:00 grep hyperion

Is this how it's supposed to be or is this a bug? :)

• I also found that the whole autostart.sh script is executed again if I press "Start" in HyperCon. This is bad, because this file could also be used for other stuff the user only wants to run once on startup (like I do).

• I guess there is a good reason, but wouldn't it be easier to use systemd - which is part of Open/LibreELEC - to handle the daemons? After all it was made for this.
    • I disabled Black Border Detection (I only have LEDs on the sides) - still I get lots of messages in the log about "border stuff".
    • The internal frame grabber can be configured in HyperCon. Can the hyperion-x11 grabber also be configured somehow? BTW: In what units are height/width? 64%? 64 pixels? 64 parts?

Sorry for putting this all in one post...

• Greetings,

Which of the grabbers is actually the one supposed to be used?

Primary your platform grabber (which is hyperion-x11), the Kodi Addon is still a little bit limited in functions. @Wolph is working on this :) A publish at the official kodi repository will come (hopefully) soon.

I guess there is a good reason, but wouldn't it be easier to use systemd - which is part of Open/LibreELEC - to handle the daemons?

The autostart.sh usage just has "historical" reasons (don't change something that "works" and i worked on other things at this time). It is still a bad design, but i didn't introduced it :)
    The next major version will use systemd for a proper service handling.

If I use Hypercon (using SSH) to stop Hyperion the hyperion-x11 process isn't killed

Yes, hyperion-x11 won't be killed. It is just not "implemented". The next major version will include hyperion-x11 inside hyperiond, to follow the usage on other platforms.

I disabled Black Border Detection (I only have LEDs on the sides)

Sadly we discovered that it is impossible to disable the blackborder detector with "enable":false (inside your created .json), which means you need to edit your .json and delete the entire blackborderdetector section. The border switch message should be a debug message, this version of hyperion includes no support for loglevels, it is possible that this message is still spamming afterwards, just ignore it.

I also found that the whole autostart.sh script is executed again if I press "Start" in HyperCon.

Yes, HyperCon is pretty dump and as the autostart.sh is no proper system service management it just crashes your hyperion if you start it twice (usually, if you access a device that is already in use). As written above the autostart.sh will be dropped.

The internal frame grabber can be configured in HyperCon. Can the hyperion-x11 grabber also be configured somehow?

In future the options are better accesible (as written above). Start hyperion-x11 with a -h appended and you will see the current options. You could append them in your autostart.sh for now if you want to change something from the default values.

BTW: In what units are height/width? 64%? 64 pixels? 64 parts?

This are pixels, will be more clear in future :)

I hope this helps a little bit
    good look

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!