Pi 3B+ Hyperion and Level shifter boot issue

• I'm hoping someone can help me. I previously had a hyperion setup with WS2801 strips and everything worked mostly well, except for flickering issues here and there. I believe that some of it was due to solderless connectors and I think also a single bad led.

I decided to upgrade to higher res strips and went with SK9822 (which I guess are very similar to APA102C). This time around I soldered all corners and injected power in 4 places as this is for a 75 inch tv. The other thing I decided to do was put in a level shifter/logic converter because I read a lot about the voltage difference with the clock and data lines contributing to flickering problems. I'm good with everything related to setup, but adding this component was something new for me.

Needless to say, I did research and I believe I hooked it up just fine. I'm putting pics in and not sure you can follow all lines, but basically I went off the 5V Rpi pin to the 5V shifter, then same for the 3V. I also brought grounds over from the pi to the logic converter.

Here's the issue... whenever I power down or reboot the pi, it never powers back up UNTIL I disconnect the 5V jumper from the pi to the logic board (maybe the 3V too, havent tested that). Once I disconnect, it boots, and I can plug right back in and everything is fine.

Is there anything I can do to test the failure?

• went off the 5V Rpi pin to the 5V shifter, then same for the 3V.

I've not used that type of level shifter/logic converter before. But, I think you need only have one or the other connected. Not both.
    5v being the correct one,(on other shifters I'v used for led's it's 5v.)

Hope it helps.

• That was it! Funny, about an hour before I saw your message I was playing with the power jumpers and at some point I had it working and suspected what you said. The confirmation definitely helped. Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!