Powersupply APA102 ledstrip

• HI there,

I'ḿ using a apa102 ledstrip with 476 leds.

I soldered the corners and powered my leds with a 5v 20a powersupply and control them with a arduino uno.

Unfutunately the leds aren't blinking as it should be.

For the first time all the leds where blinking but after that not al the leds are blinking anymore sometimes only the strip on the top and right sometimes only the bottom strip.

I tried some examples within the arduino IDE with APA102 library but still not al leds are blinking.

i was thinking if that the leds are underpowered or maybe the arduino can handle that many leds....

Is it better to use a powersupply 5v 30a and a arduino mega 2560?

Thanks!

• You're likely to get buffer over runs with an atmega328.

Which sketch are you using ?

You need 1428 bytes to store 1 complete frame of led data and the 328 only has 2k ram and depending on how the sketch works you may have problems

Thanks for you reply.

i'm using this sketch:

iḿ not familiar with arduino sketches but i found this one on the internet.

I don't know wich sketch to use for my apa102 leds.

Wich library i have to use with APA102?

FastLED or APA102 library?

Thanks!

• That's the sketch we provide and recommend at https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

If the initial flash sequence thy the sketch does isn't working then I would double check all your wiring - thats the most common issue.
    In particular check the ground connection between your leds and the arduino.

Your power supply isn't ideal, it should for the most part work - if the voltage drops too much you lose some blue then green and finally red.

• That's the sketch we provide and recommend at https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

If the initial flash sequence thy the sketch does isn't working then I would double check all your wiring - thats the most common issue.
    In particular check the ground connection between your leds and the arduino.

Your power supply isn't ideal, it should for the most part work - if the voltage drops too much you lose some blue then green and finally red.

Thank you,

The initial flash is working but not on al leds only at the bottom right and half right of my tv and sometimes the whole rightside of my tv.

The whole leftside of the tv stays off.

Strange cause when the first time i powered on the leds with arduine and my odroid all leds where blinking.

I defined all the leds in my sketch set the correct pins.

And i checked that the ground is connected and all is fine.
    Do i need the end of the strip the gnd clock and the data connected to the arduino also or only the beginning of the strip?
    I have the beginning and the end of the strip the 5v connected to the powersupply.
    Is this correct?

Maybe i need another arduino like the arduino mega?

• I think i am a little bit further,

The leds that blinking are flickering do i need to edit the sketch?

Here is my hyperion config

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!