Problem with black border detection when forwarding

• Hi!

I'm new to the Hyperion community and have been spending the last weeks trying out my new setup.
    When I connect the Arduino directly to my Intel NUC running LibreElec black border detection works great.

My goal is however to run Hyperion on a RPi3 and receive the light information from the NUC using forwarding. Everything works good except Black Border Detection when I set this up. Lights are in sync and works just as good on the sides but the bottom and top never lights up.

Should I configure Black Border Detection on the NUC since this is also running the internal grabber?
    Should I keep any transformation configuration on the sending NUC or should everything be configured on the receiving end?

Intel NUC config - sending:

RPi3 - Receiving

• Should I configure Black Border Detection on the NUC since this is also running the internal grabber?

Yes.
    Just the basic led info is needed on the Rpi, count, position and RGB order. You could set the Nuc's config to not use any leds as well, assuming there are none attached. As it's just forwarding the captured info to the Rpi.

Edit:
    I was wrong.
    Just tested with Hyperion.ng and I needed to adjust the receiving instance.
    Very sorry for the confusion.

• Thank you for the help so far!

So this means that I should run a "complete" config on the receiving instance with color transformation, smoothing etc?
    But I should keep the grabber, black border and kodi configuration on the sending? Or do I need that on the receiving as well?

EDIT: I've been trying out different settings now and I can conclude that I need the transformation and color configuration on the RPi and not the NUC. But I still can't get Black Border Detection to work when I'm using forward.

Could this be a bug or I have I missed any configuration?

• // Created with HyperCon 1.0.0

It looks as if you have a older version, or a version that was compiled for a specific OS.
    In any case it seems that the version of HyperCon in not adding the needed bits to the config for blackborder detection.

From a HyperCon V1.03.1 I have this bit:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!