Reducing network traffic when no change to LEDs

• Is there a configuration option to reduce the network traffic to a remote server when the LEDs have not changed (since last time or after X repeats or Y seconds)?

If not - then I think it could be useful - at least in the case I have which is using OPC/FadeCandy to send to a remote LED installation.
    For example - when the display is idle and all LEDs are set to 0 then Hyperion sends the 0 pattern N times a second.
    I know that packets can get lost - so perhaps it could have a configurable number of repeats in conjunction with a timeout.
    e.g. if same pattern sent 10 times in a row then do not send any more until pattern changes or 30 seconds elapse.

While not a huge amount of data (say 32kbps) it would make it more network friendly while sacrificing a small amount of CPU.

• Thanks.
    I tried it and it did not seem to have much effect - although I did not measure it. I was going to but then ... I took a quick look at the code in hyperion/libsrc/hyperion/LinearColorSmoothing.cpp
    It looks like it continuously sends Black (RGB000) when off - e.g. when screensaver kicks in - at least according to the comments.
    However, the code empties the output queue so I think it would need more digging to work out what happens.

I'm going to move the lights to be on the same machine as Hyperion so the traffic can go through localhost which makes the issue go away (sort of).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!