rPi3 stuck

• I'm running OpenElec 6.0.3 on a raspberry pi3 and I have APA102 led strip around my tv.

When I start watching a 1080p video, the screen flickers. When I open a sop stream, after 2-3 minutes the screen is black and rPi is not responding.

It work perfect before I download the new HyperCon and update my system. Before I have the version from Github.

I have attached my json config file. Please tell me if I did something wrong.

One more thing regarding my led calibration. To make all the colours ok i have to put down the luminance gain, but the intensity of the light is very low.

Can you pleases tell me what are the values from the internal frame grabber represents? I have a 1080p tv. Should I put 1920 - width and 1080 - height ?

Thank you in advance.

• Greetings Andrei,

When I start watching a 1080p video, the screen flickers.

This is for 99,99% a power issue. How is your Pi and your leds connected to the power source(s)? If you use a usb cable for the pi, please use another one for testing. It might be be too thin (differences between cables).

Thank you

• My pi is connected to a 2A power supply and the led strip to a separate 2A supply.

I think I explain the situation above wrong. Not the led strip is flicking but the tv.

I also have the rainbow square on my screen (i know that is not enough power for the pi) but why didn't did it before.

I just reinstall on a brand new sd card the OpenElec and hyperion and is happening again. When Hyperion is stop there is no problem. When I swich it on the pi is stuck (black screen) and i need to remove the power.

• Zitat

I also have the rainbow square on my screen (i know that is not enough power for the pi) but why didn't did it before.

Yes, attached you a hard drive to the Pi? Try another microUSB cable and/or another power supply for the Pi. No idea why that happend now.

and the led strip to a separate 2A supply.

I use 5V 10A for 122 LEDs, at the peak (bright white) i get around 42W power consumption (8,5A). You really need more power for your leds :)
    For sure, your leds can´t light up as they should. APA102 a very good led chip, i never adjusted (a single) gamma value.

Soon we will publish some tutorials, they could also be used a example then.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!