RPi3+WS2812b+Hyperion=random colors

• Hi,

I've got following hardware setup:

- RPi 3 B+ (running with Raspbian Stretch lite)
    - WS2812b
    - video grabber UTV007 (via tv SCART out)

Testing stripes via Python script (strandtest.py using the rpi_281x library): very well!
    - color wipes: ok
    - theater chase: ok
    - rainbow cycle: ok

Running with hyperion: bad - random colors :(

Grabber seems to be ok: random colors do respond to picture on tv somehow
    - random colors do change, when scene on tv is changing
    - black areas cause leds in corresponding area to be black

So, there must be something wrong with hyperion software or its driver using.

Any idea, what's wrong?

See my hyperion.config.json:

My config.txt:

• I'm confused about what you're referring to when you say "random colors"

I'm not sure about the WS2812b, but I see that you have your color order as "GRB"

Is how it's supposed to be?

I use this video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

to calibrate the color order. After doing so, I found out that my green and blue lights were swapped, so I changed my color order to "RBG" and it works fine.

• My TV won't put the signal from chromecast to scart out so I can't test this. It will take some time until I get to manage this. (BTW. Anyone an idea if there's a way to teach a Sony TV to put signal from hdmi, amazon or Netflix to scart?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!