Script to toggle hyperion within kodi

• I'm working on a script to toggle hyperion on/off from kodi, and have had success following the guide outlined here:

http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=11

But the problem is if you use this script while hyperion is actively running, whatever lights where being displayed before the script was ran will remain on. My question is if there is a command I can issue to the hyperion remote script to stop the grabber and clear the LED data before killing the hyperiond process.

Here is the code I'm working with (pi2 running libreelec):

Any help would be appreciated - it seems like this should be simple to figure out, but I was having a hard time!

• Thanks for the reply!

I'm using APA102 leds.. The hyperion service is stopped via a 'killall', maybe that is why it is not clearing before exit?

I had thought the same thing about just setting the LEDs black, but wasn't sure if that was the best route.. I was also wondering if the mechanism capturing the screen would send additional color info before the hyperion process is terminated (after setting the LEDs to black), which is why I was asking about halting the screen capture before chaging the LEDs.

Would I be better off stopping hyperiond using a different method than killall?

• hi @abrenoch
    my script looks like this

I'm using OSMC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!