Simple Audio Visualization using Android as source

• I wanted to use Hyperion as a visualizer for my played audio for a long time now. After not finding anything available that fitted my needs, I decided to create my own visualizer.

So today I am introducing you:
    HyperionVisualizer for Android

HyperionVisualizer for Android is a simple Android app, that uses the music played on your mobile phone and visualizes it on your Hyperion using the UDP Listener

Features:
    Currently the app features two visualization options, that resemble the Rainbow Mood and Rainbow Swirl effects. You can set the rate in which the colors change on your own, using a rate of 0 lets you use a static color or rainbow.
    Setting the color change rate to 0 and using the offset functionality, you can set whatever static color you like.
    Set the rate at which the visualizer updates on your own. Using a lower rate gives a nice "blocky" visualization effect, while a higher rate gives you a very smooth experience.
    Use whatever app you want to play your music, it works with all of them (as far as I tested). Spotify, YouTube, PowerAmp. All work fine.
    Works with all Hyperion Setups, thanks to you being able to set the LED count on your own.

Usage:
    To use this app, you need to first externally start the UDP Listener (using hyperion-remote.sh or the Hyperion App). Then just open the app, enter your details and press start. If you're sick of it, press stop and end the effect.

Configuration Details:

• IP-Address: IP-Address of your Ambilight System
    • UDP Port: Port of your UDP Listener. By default that is Port 2391, but you still have to enter 2391.
    • Color Switch Rate: Rate on which the color changes.
    • LED Count: Amount of LED's in your Ambilight setup.
    • Color Starting offset: Offset to start the colors at.
    • Rate: The rate on which the visualizer updates in mHz (Milihertz)

Planned Features:

• Automatic start and end of the effect using the TCP Interface
    • Rainbow-Swirl-Non-Static effect that not only swirls the colors but also the visualization
    • Making color switch rate independent of rate
    • Better UI
    • Taking care of the service stopping randomly using a foreground service
    • Philips Hue integration

Sample Videos:
    Non-Daylight samples will come soon.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Download:
    The sourcecode is available on GitHub. Please also check Github for known issues

• Hi Tilo,

the app still is in it's Alpha Stage and is as of now not usable (it stops working after a few minutes). I will continue working on it in the beginning of next week and will publish it once it's working. Don't expect this to be before tuesday evening.

For now only the source code is available on GitHub. I will inform you once I provide a downloadable version :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!