Solution for Displayport

• Hello guys,
    actually I am Kind of new in this materia.
    My plan is to build Ambilight via Hyperion/Pi Zero for my PC.
    At the Moment the Monitor is running with DVI, but in the future I might want to use the Displayport.

Now I am facing Problems as I dont want to loose the displayport functionality while using this Setup. So I am looking for Solutions to use Hyperion with Splitters/grabbers.

Let us assume my Monitor supports 144 Hz / and freesync. How do I get a copy of the Signal to the Grabber without loosing the 144 Hz / Freesync.for the regular Connection?

Idea was the following:
    DP-splitter (1 Signal to Monitor the other used for grabbing the Signal)
    DP->HDMI- Adapter
    HDMI-Adapter -> HDMI Converter
    HDMI-Converter -> Grabber
    Grabber -> Pi

As soon as I use a HDMI-converter (or even Adapter) I assume I will be limited to 120 Hz though, correct?

Or would it be simpler to directly let my PC do the Calculation for the LED and control the LED as well. What Hardware/Software would be required for this?
    (Windows 10)

• Hello. Sounds like a good plan.
    I am not sure if I unferstand the concept though, or rather how do I connect/acces the LED? Is there some kind of USB device I need to add? Or do I somehow send those signals to my Pi for Controlling the LED?

Edit: I think I get it. On Hyperion which is on my Pi I select the Grabber which is the windows Grabber. So basically I save alle the converters/splitters/grabbers but everything else remains as in normal installation.
    I will test it definitely. Thanks for the hint.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!