STK1160 vs UTV007

• Hi!

I'm new to the forum but I want ot build an ambilight for my monitor that is hooked up to my computer. I found this project on GreatScott's YouTube channel. In this video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

he says that STK1160 is the correct chipset, but in a newer video:
    Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

he says for the very same grabber that it has the wrong chipset (STK1160) and UTV007 should be used. So which is the correct chipset and what's the reason that the grabber he used before didn't work in the newer project?

Another question: would it be possible to run hyperion's internal frame grabber on Windows? I have an i7-4790 CPU so it should be fine for the task. In that case I wouldn't need a grabber, raspberry, cables etc. A LED strip, a power supply and some kind of USB thingy for the data pins would be enough. Is there something similar option out there?

If not: Is it possible to use a VGA to RCA cable instead of the HDMI splitter, HDMI to AV converter?

Thanks in advance,
    pcR.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!